Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:
You can sustain about 6 psi on your current tune. I wouldn't be afraid to take it to six with the way your car looked with the last run as long as your intercooler is working fine. That may give you a better understanding now of how your fuel delivery system is going to react to increased boost (i.e. is it GOING to work ) and will save you time on your way to get 12psi. I was able to run 5.83psi, you know...the yellow spring for the Tial wastegate...without an intercooler and minimal tuning and it was pretty good until I got the engine really hot on like my third run down the strip where I popped those pistons.

Oh, I forgot to update you on the fact that I increased my boost level to 12psi this weekend and have been running it that way going back and forth to work. HOLY smokes it is insane. I don't think stock axles are going to last if I were to leave it there all the time. In the morning there is NO WAY to hold traction in third gear beyond half throttle!
If I'm holding the speed constant in third, you know around 4500, maybe 60mph or so and I start gently rolling into an acceleration, it will just break the tires free so that I'm doing 70mph and I'm spinning out! Of course keeping it about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle under accel can keep traction.
When it warmed up during the day I was able to hold traction on good road if I rolled easy into the throttle in 3rd gear....and it felt like I was in 1st gear at about 6psi! Hahahaha (all up to the posted speed limits on the highway of course!)
I can leave my car in 5th and still outaccelerate most cars from 50mph.

man i'd love to go for a ride in that car...if i drive all the way to ala. we could go for a spin right?....i was watching a vid on streetfire with a srt4,it was riding down the road had it in third and spun the tires at 70mph..and they were all like freaking out...i imagine you being the same way ..i would

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Except remember his SVT weighs about 3500lbs with him in it and it has sticky 245/45'/17's on it. Blowing the tires free at half throttle in 3rd (70mph) is beyond insane. Well past 350 wheels I bet.

Oh yeah that's bouncing off the limiter, 350+ HP, and stock rods. Who knew.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yep, IF you come down here to visit, we'll go for a ride on a back road. It has a few twisties in it and even going at the speed limit will be fun.

Of course unless I sell it that is.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Except remember his SVT weighs about 3500lbs with him in it and it has sticky 245/45'/17's on it. Blowing the tires free at half throttle in 3rd (70mph) is beyond insane. Well past 350 wheels I bet.

Oh yeah that's bouncing off the limiter, 350+ HP, and stock rods. Who knew.

Yep, you're correct, it did suprise me a bit. Now I have to modulate the pedal even in third, but I can shift into 5th by 50mph and never have to downshift again lol!
Oh, and the fuel.....it sucks down the gas at 12psi. I just thought you guys should know that.
I still got 16.8 mostly city with a bit of mixed highway. I don't know if that sucks or not, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than I used to get! lol
With my ADC chip I'd only get 12-13 in the city at around 8-9psi.

I'm not going to leave it up there all the time. I just want to run around town pegging som high boost acceleration and testing the reliability of it for a little while. With the traction issues though it is totally NOT FEASIBLE to run a 3L on 12psi and 10:1 compression for anthing but a low/high boost switch when you hit 4th gear plus.

With a two-stage boost controller and this tune, I'd run 5psi low and probably 10-12psi high.

I'm thinking of taking some video of the dash on one of my little back road jaunts this week.....

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

I'm thinking of taking some video of the dash on one of my little back road jaunts this week.....

And I'll gladly watch those vids.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Derk-xB:

I remember a documentary a while ago of some ones car. At the end they where in your car, and the screen read something like coming this summer!! U where pulling into a spot at a gas station!!!

I believe it was with about a cougar doing pulls on the road and e-way/drag strip?? And then at the end ur car??

SO lets complete that video. I would really like to see ur car.!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Originally posted by Derk-xB:

I remember a documentary a while ago of some ones car. At the end they where in your car, and the screen read something like coming this summer!! U where pulling into a spot at a gas station!!!

I believe it was with about a cougar doing pulls on the road and e-way/drag strip?? And then at the end ur car??

SO lets complete that video. I would really like to see ur car.!!

anybody have a link to that video?

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Congrats on the dyno pull, even if it was only 3.5lbs thats damn impressive and is enough for the street, thats for sure. I say this because I drove JD's Dads car last weekend (2.5L built w/ turbo putting out 12 psi) and it was overwhelming the front tires and I can't imagine that thing set at its 17 psi level where it pulled 400 hp. Good luck with your car and keep us posted when you crank it up

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Video yet?

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It turns out the phone guesstimate was off a bit on the torque (I was told 350/360 ). But considering that this mustang dyno is the lowest in town by 40-50HP/TQ, I'm happy. I should be getting some dyno runs of other cars (Terminators and Lightnings) that are easier to tell if this dyno is a ringer or not.

They're only running it to 6K, which limited the HP output shown. This was on 10 psi, 12+ psi was popping the PCV valve off and would oil the turbo up little bit, and smoke out the shop

I'm going to redo my PCV system a little and wrap a few other things up, and go in for the 12-14psi run. I may even get a dynojet run to show what I'd get on one..... if the price is right w/o an AFR run

Warmonger was right about the outside temp playing a factor. This was at 70 or more.

More dyno time in the very near future after I play with the tune a little more and refine my setup.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard