Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
So.

If I told you to call him a motherf***r on the internet are you going to do it and then say well...warmonger said it? Thats kinda like guilty by association.

Actually, posting a link to it would be fair enough since it is on another site, but copying, cutting, and pasting foul stuff from ANY other site should still be against the forum rules IIRC.

Now if Demon keeps reminding me that his weak, low powered 3L is faster than my strong high powered 3L, I want you to call him every name in the book.
It's all in fun...from me anyway, but all I got to say to the lower time is: stock width/50%wornout tires baby and all that untapped power!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
you do realize that the guy was just cutting and pasting what Dom had said, right?

Yes, and I also realize that he is peddling Dom's information back and forth, only to start board wars. This guy could have chosen not to come over with the flamebait, but he failed to do so. You know, guilt by association?

Mark

Dude. I was just posting a similar response, look at the timestamp! I used the same wordage almost.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I hear you too tom

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
you do realize that the guy was just cutting and pasting what Dom had said, right?

Yes, and I also realize that he is peddling Dom's information back and forth, only to start board wars. This guy could have chosen not to come over with the flamebait, but he failed to do so. You know, guilt by association?

Mark

Dude. I was just posting a similar response, look at the timestamp! I used the same wordage almost.

Great minds think alike.. Either that, or we're just getting old..

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I do think that you guys picked up 20 hp, but looking at the stock dyno graph, that car is running absolutely horrible judging by the power curves. If it was a car that was running properly, i think the gains might be in the ballpark of about 5-7 hp.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
W
W
I am not posting between both boards. Dom looks at it him self and i have no doubt about it. He reads all this [censored] himself. So before you go accusing anyone calm down a lil bit. so if you have a prob with what he is saying then go to him not me. I toook that just to show what i read and if i really wanted to be an ass then i would cut and past all the [censored] that is beeing said. If you dont believe he is watching this himself why dont you ask him?

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by wantsansvt:
I am not posting between both boards. Dom looks at it him self and i have no doubt about it. He reads all this [censored] himself. So before you go accusing anyone calm down a lil bit. so if you have a prob with what he is saying then go to him not me. I toook that just to show what i read and if i really wanted to be an ass then i would cut and past all the [censored] that is beeing said. If you dont believe he is watching this himself why dont you ask him?

Since you are responding to me, I'm gonna hold you responsible for your own posting, wherever it came from and rip you a new azz!

You are trolling to cause trouble. Period. If Dom wants to reach me he just needs to pm me on FCO, or look up my email and send me an email.
If he asked you to post it and you decide too, then you made yourself part of the team and open yourself to ANY comments, good/bad that can be said about the topic, methods, scruples related to it. You are now responsible. If you don't want to be the spokesperson, well its too late for one, and next time let it be a lesson to you not to get in the middle of something like that. Live and learn, I hope you are young guy, that way you'll have time to learn how not to be a TOOL!

I've had plenty of spirited conversations with Dom and though we don't always agree, he has come up with some good ideas and he has always been respectfull of me. I've got no personal beef with anyone over there!

This thing between him and Demon is old school stuff and I'm not part of that. I don't intend to get in the middle of what isn't my business. Somehow I don't think they've like each other all that well for a long time....they definitely don't go out boozin or spoonin together!

However, if its information in a public forum then I'll debate performance results all day long.

My post had to do with the original posters question, so I gave my take on it. I read Demons posts and I see what he is trying to say and I for the most part agree that he has a point.

AS far as the results:
I believe that Dom threw in a SVT PCM and it is working. I think it kicks ass that someone went and figured out if it will work or not. I don't see how it should embarrass anyone that it works/doesn't work though and I think this big To-Do is because of old tensions. I don't know any specifics of the car other than what his blog shows.
Now read my lips:
I have no problem believing that cleaning up the spark, advancing the timing and leaning out some fuel will improve an engine that much. I've worked on too many cars and tuned them up, advanced the timing, and done little tricks to them and seen the gains to disaggree.
I'm willing to bet there is an issue with the old pcm or as Dom stated the factory tune on that PCM sucks.

Here is the test, take an XCAL2 and tune up the old pcm on the dyno with spark and air fuel. Dyno.

Put in the SVT pcm and then Dyno. Should be pretty close, or the tuned stock pcm would be better.
Put in the SVT pcm and take an XCAL2 and tune it. Should end up EXACTLY the SAME!
The point that I think Demon was making is that the engine won't magically gain any more performance than it was originally capable of just because of the tuning device. It will achieve its maximum power with tuning.
The old pcm wasn't doing that. The SVT pcm seems to be doing that.
I think it is a good lesson in WHY you would want to tune your stock engine FIRST, to see where you really are.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I have offered to go along as a witness for the next test. I don't know anyone personally from either board and as far as I know I have no problems with anyone on either board. If it works cool, I will probably try it myself, if it does not work equally cool it will be fun to watch the pulls. No matter the out come I feel I can give an honest report.

98 Tropic Green Contour 2.5 MTX
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'm willing to try it myself, I just need a late model SVT PCM and two original keys so that I can program my keys to the PCM

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
But you have OBD-1

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard