Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I have copies of many binaries, stock & SVT. I know exactly what the main changes are between the two codes. (there are minor changes between nearly any different code)

Of course the PCM MAF function is different because the SVT MAF is calibrated differently. That's part of the reason why you should not blindly swap MAFs.
Yes Obviously the injector sizing is different.

You CAN NOT cut and paste between most older OBDII codes. Definitely not between a new code and an old code.

The main differences are:
A slightly bumped base timing table
IMRC point lower
Injector sizing
MAF function to match MAF
Rev limiters 1-3 raised 200-250rpm (that's not all the limiters either)

Those sum up the main changes and half of them are just housing keeping for part changes. (i.e. "well duh" changes)

It has some minor changes because of drivability. (IAC, idle air, decel, etc) Again mainly house keeping for different parts.

Remember this post pertained to performance gains from switching to the SVT code. There are only a few changes that have to do with performance gains.
The only main one is the timing tables. You will get some torque gain from increased timing as long as you do not incur detonation. The gains will be large enough to see on a dyno but only if you run premium and reset the PCM. You will want at least 3 driving cycles on any change before you datalog it. Otherwise you will not be getting a true representation of what the PCM will be like.
However None of the "house keeping" or drivability changes have ANYTHING to do with performance at WOT. Well unless of course you don't do the corresponding hard part change. Then you could erratically alter performance for better or for worse.

Also on the premium fuel part. If the tester had premium in for the stock PCM he would have lost power. If he did not have premium in he would have incurred detonation which obviously was not present on that dyno run in question. You can't compare changes like that. Yet another anomaly in their piss poor logic.

The simple answer is his dyno tests are bogus numbers to use. It's plain as day to see. Hell even at that his SAE numbers (about 150-152HP /146-148TQ SAE rating) are lower then many stock Duratecs I've seen dyno and that have posted online. Those are not gains but maintenance fixes to get back the power he always should have had. It's ignorant to state that smooth run at under stock power level was a gain verses the run that has readily apparrent problems with it. (hell just look at the curves & compare to others )
Plus I've still never seen A/F numbers from that "low ball" run. 'nuff said.

...i agree then..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile