Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Hey he wished me a Merry Christmas.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by todras:

NO chance unless the trans is dry! It's very rare these bearings have much wear at all. Why does War keep trying to convince people he knows anything about the MTX75...what a crock! AND there is NO 'f ing end thrust on the input shaft bearings when the clutch is depressed...Its on the CRANK thrust bearings!!!!...the cluch disc is 'unloaded' and floats on the splines...ever see taper roller bearing on the input shaft of a RWD trans? No, because they use plain ball roller bearing because their is no end thrust when the clutch is depressed...go back to engineering school!

Such harsh words! Man he is ruthless.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by warmonger:

If it doesn't whine when the clutch is NOT depressed( foot off the pedal), then it is NOT the throwout bearing. It is most likely bearings on the input shaft I'd guess that have begun to make some noise. These bearings will make noise after they get some age on them and can be heard when you aren't turning anything else in the drivetrain, such as clutch out when the car is idling. The primary bearing on the input shaft takes all the various thrusts from the clutch disk whenever the car is shifted so it is likely to experience wear first.
Honestly, if the car runs good and the tranny shifts good, don't worry about it unless it starts getting really loud and noticeable while driving. Or, when you go to do some major work like a clutch, have the tranny gone through when you pull it out.

NO chance unless the trans is dry! It's very rare these bearings have much wear at all. Why does War keep trying to convince people he knows anything about the MTX75...what a crock! AND there is NO 'f ing end thrust on the input shaft bearings when the clutch is depressed...Its on the CRANK thrust bearings!!!!...the cluch disc is 'unloaded' and floats on the splines...ever see taper roller bearing on the input shaft of a RWD trans? No, because they use plain ball roller bearing because their is no end thrust when the clutch is depressed...go back to engineering school!

See, this is another circumstance where he doesn't read WTF was posted. Who gives a crap what the thrusts were when the clutch pedal is depressed......The guy has a whining noise with the clutch released! explain that one genius! Of course we can speculate that space aliens are making the noise for him, but I prefer to narrow it down to something that would be spinning in the transmission with clutch engaged and not in gear. That pretty much is anything on the input shaft or whatever is turning on the countershaft.
NO one SAID ANYTHING ABOUT END THRUST or that it was a guarantee, or that it is common or that the moon is made out of green cheese or whatever.
But now that you mention it, these have tapered roller bearings for a reason. OH MY, could it be for controlling end-thrust as well as side thrust?
Whenever two gears turn you get side thrusts and when they aren't straight cut you should get some end thrusts. How much, I don't know. Without a pilot bushing something has to center that input shaft.
And who's to say that there just doesn't happend to be a failure on a bearing? A defective bearing? Bad rollers on a gear? Is he saying that none of this is possible?
How about just putting forth his own explanation then instead and let the validity of his words ring true if he is right?
What he needs to learn....first thing after learning to read better...is that this GUESS of mine was tailored to the information posted by the author.
It isn't about ALL transmissions or even ANY OTHER transmission out there. I'm not here trying to prove I know all about transmissions, unlike he is obviously. I'm here to speculate about WHY this particular trans is making noise that can only be heard when the car is not moving but with the clutch engaged(pedal NOT depressed).
The author posted it on a public forum. I gave a shot at an answer.

Everyone else has volunteered an explanation. Think about it, a throwout bearing making noise when the clutch is NOT depressed...that'd be unusual...though not impossible.
So really, Terry must agree with everyone elses information and only find mine wrong? WTF is that??

Either that or he is again proving to everyone that it doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong, he's just out trying to bash my posts because I've disagreed with him in the past; disagreed over his transmission fluid diagnosis, disagreed with him over the strength of the stock rods, disagreed with him over the tuning of the duratec, disagreed with him over the need for a dual mode damper, disagreed with him over the fact that you can't fit 3L valves directly into the 2.5L heads... I give up! I need to go back to school?? I've proven most of my claims. Seems he should look into some refresher classes. My results speak for themselves. ASK ANYONE who's driven my car or ridden in it.
185 HP 3L the best he can show....he'd better go back to school before I school him again.

And Why does he have to convince everyone he's the ONLY one who knows anything by looking for ways to belittle people. And YOU are helping him Todd? Why is that not hard to believe. You take great pleasure in deriding people yourself. Two peas in a pod then....

I've bit my tongue over some of this crap, but I'm not coddling fools and tools any more.
If you want to keep pedaling this hearsay crap then buy yourself a set of kneepads. And whats up with the Grin Todd?
Let Terry be man enough to come back to CEG, make his own posts and defend his own claims. It's time you matured from a bootlicking pupil to a grown man anyway.

Moderator:

This is really getting to be too much. I'm not asking for much, but this is really just another form of trolling. If I want to post on another forum, I go there and post. I don't sucker minions to do it for me. This has been going on for a while...... Anyone else besides me sick and tired of being badgered from outside CEG?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I don't really have a say in the matter, but i do agree that it is..."weird"...that he won't post his own stuff on here. But he will get others to come on here and post for him.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I still can't fathom how people look up to that guy. He has a modicum of information about the MTX-75. This very weak & faulty transmission he is so proud of designing. (go back to design school you fool )
Countless times he has been proven wrong over the years and never once has he even recognized his incorrect & blatantly ignorant thinking. He may have an engineering degree but he obviously can not use it. I'd take the advice of many folks on this site above his baseless Chicken Little stories any day. According to him an engine like mine, or Tom's, or etc is an impossibility. Nobody can rebuild a transmission correctly but himself. I guess his knowledge is considerably more limited then he actually realizes.
I'd tell him to stick to transmissions but he can't even design those without gross failure areas so he should stick to just being a cranky old ignorant man. He's quite good at that at least.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
hey demon are you the same demonsvt that posts on NECO with the same screen name and the svt as your avatar? because this is what i found you saying about terry over there...

"He does great work. I bet it's slick as hell.

His prices are decent too considering all the detail work you are getting in each build."

and here is the link.

whats funny is that you made that comment in a thread that it titled, "terry haines is a god!"

funny.

now, i am all for sticking up for your friend war because he is a really great guy, and a wealth of info, but at the same time you cant have two vastly contrasting opinions about terry. terry should not have been so harsh but he is an old brit.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm going to answer ONE question only; Tom's.

The TRB's (taper-roller-bearings) in the MTX-75 are there for taking the induced thrust on the differential from the thrust component created by the helical gears on the ring-gear differential and the induced thrust from the helical gears on the speed reduction shafts too - THAT IS ALL (it is the nature of helical gears as I am sure you would know). Zero thrust comes from the input shaft to the transmission. I know TRB's, it's my job.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Thanks!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Stazi:
Some of the TO bearings SPec has supplied with their kits have been prone to early failure.

Who would that be? Never heard of an issue here.

Could've just as easily posted your own link... http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tranny&Number=1069882&Forum=tranny&Words=TOB&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1069882&Search=true#Post1069882

From now own... Lets try to keep the passage of information as short as possible. In other words... if you don't know the answer to a question, then don't post an answer from someone else. If you know someone or another source that knows the answer, then point that person in the right direction.

I, personally, have posted a few things in the past that someone else said, but I never did it without either stating so and later backing up that information or provide seperate proof of my findings at the time of my post.

I think that is simple enough... and no! I do not feel that this I am making up a rule. To me, this is common sense posting.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Not trying to be snide or anything, this is just a normal comment to what you pointed out; but maybe he's just changed his mind or his persepective since that last post.
Times change.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard