Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Thanks captain obvious, I just didn't know if there was something on the starter that could get disconnected easily if it got messed with inadvertedly while working on something else. I'll check the coil pack when I'm home from work, but the only thing I disconnected is the 6 plug wires and the one connector on the front of the coil pack, which I replaced. Even if I got a plug wire crossed, it would still turn over and run like crap (maybe die), but it's not doing either.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ndolsongtp:
Well, I barely cleaned anything at all, so I doubt that's the problem.

I only tried turning the engine over for a max of 5 seconds or so each time I tried (~5 times). It just doesn't "feel the same" as it normally does when I try to start it.

The symptoms you are describing(engine spinning unusually easy) are the same as I and other CEGers experienced after doing this job. That's why I said to crank at WOT for 20 seconds, because it worked for all of us.
You may have other problems but this one is an easy diagnosis.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
OK...I will try that. I didn't go WOT, nor did I have the ignition turned for mroe than 5 seconds. I was very attentive to detail though, and would be very much surprised if I put something back together incorrectly. I guess it's semi-comforting knowing others have had the same symptoms and it was an easy fix.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by ndolsongtp:
Thanks captain obvious, I just didn't know if there was something on the starter that could get disconnected easily if it got messed with inadvertedly while working on something else. I'll check the coil pack when I'm home from work, but the only thing I disconnected is the 6 plug wires and the one connector on the front of the coil pack, which I replaced. Even if I got a plug wire crossed, it would still turn over and run like crap (maybe die), but it's not doing either.

And did you make sure that it's totally clicked? Their are also 2 other connections on the corners of the pack. One is the ground strap on the drivers side and then their is another with a grey connection with black wire. In the pics I can see the ground is connected but you croped it on the passenger side so I can't see if that is connected or not.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I'll check that too. I tell you what, the wire molding, vacuum lines, and all the plastic parts get SOOOO brittle on these cars!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yes they do. A recall on 95-97 wire harnesses released. They later ones are just as bad though.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Recharge your battery, for best spark/cranking. Might help.

N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Well I cranked it for like 20 seconds to no avail. A couple of times I heard a VERY MINOR and quiet thump noise like a backfire or something, but it definately never even sounded like it was going to start.

Don't know what to do, but now the battery is dead and I won't be able to get a charger until tomorrow.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Or ,it is the crank sensor (scan for codes, first recharge battery) Good luck, hope it runs.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard