Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by MxRacer:
i love the GTO interior. it's the exterior that disappointed me.

I hear that alot and yes it is pretty bland outside - but not bad. The 06's with the hood scoops and different bumpers helped the look a lot.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I still think GM should have made the GTO look like this:

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
The new GTO's have agreat power...other than that, the exterior looks like a fricken grand am. Thats all a lot of people see them as, a HB grand am. they could have made that car look awesome, but they really failed on that. I'm also disappointed with the look of the new chargers. Of the 3 major companies, ford is the only 1 that didn't bring back an old discontinued model and made their current model look like the old school one.

Ford got the look right, GTO wasn't going for retro, Charger wasn't going for retro, Challenger and Camaro will be going for retro, next GTO will be a little of both. Ford is the only one that hasn't got the most important thing right (imo) from the factory, for a muscle car...the HP and Torque numbers. They force the aftermarket to do that for them, just so they can bring themselves up to the others.

Ford could have made the Mustang GT a torque monster that really *scraims* when you punch it, but they blew it.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by MxRacer:
i love the GTO interior. it's the exterior that disappointed me.

I hear that alot and yes it is pretty bland outside - but not bad. The 06's with the hood scoops and different bumpers helped the look a lot.

My '05 has the scoops, dual exhaust and improved brakes, from the factory.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
For starters, Ford should give the 4.6 engine another 50HP from the factory. Beyond that, the GT500 proves that the gigantic 5.4 DOHC can fit in the engine bay. It will be interesting to see what ford does after GM and Mopar make their moves. The paralells with 1965 are almost unreal.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
you all forget that the mustang was never a muscle car, but a pony car.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by elraido:
you all forget that the mustang was never a muscle car, but a pony car.

,,good point that i'm surprised didnt come up earlier..although it was a muscle car at one point,with cobra jet,boss,and mach models..its original intention was pony car..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
In todays world, the Mustang is a muscle car, seeing that its RWD. The GTO styling grew on me, but the interior is awesome, perid The debate on pushrod vs. DOHC will be ongoing but the facts are this, GM makes their power N/A and Ford leans towards FI in their perf cars, either way, they both make good power and its a good problem to have...do I want a 6.0L N/A w/ 400 hp or a 5.4L, blown w/ 475 hp. With the aftermarket being what it is, theres always a way to stay ahead of your competition and thats what its all about, isn't it! I'm glad to see Mopar getting back into this, the old, good ol' days are back again. Combine that with the growing SCC market and you can't pick a wrong car, well, maybe in my case (nah, I like my car actually, but wish I'd taken the SRT-6 for a ride for the hell of it, oh well)

The 03'-04' Cobra is an awesome car for modding, considering you can spend about $600 for a pulley, SCT and CAI and put down about 430 hp to the wheels and thats w/o an exhaust system, awesome! That being said though, do the same thing to the GTO and expect well over 450 hp. Add a Vortech to the mix, well=======================

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D/C needs to offer a manual for the srt models....i'm not sure on the logic of only offering auto's to your performance line..kinda like the v8 sho??..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by tour96se:
D/C needs to offer a manual for the srt models....i'm not sure on the logic of only offering auto's to your performance line..kinda like the v8 sho??..

Yes, a manual would be nice, and from what I hear, a nice 6-speed is in the works. However, that slushbox is pretty nice to have when you need to do spontaneous smoky burnouts and not have to worry about damaging a clutch.

Another thing, every one of the new Chevy and Pontiac FWD V8s come with an automatic. It's just a trend right now.

The 03/04 Cobras ARE a nice modder car, but I'd rather have a GTO. Put a radical cam in and upgrade the heads, and your ready to go. Plenty of power. Don't get me wrong, both are fast cars, I just prefer NA.

I can't wait for that Challenger though...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard