Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Actually the right thing to do is check the tune when you do the swap...yes?

And if you stick to just basic mods that favor the SC, yes, it might be a difference of a 1/0th or 3/10th, but do real gains with heads and cam(s) etc...not the same story...you'd probably be out twice the $ for the same hp...and the LS2 would do it easily, the Cobra would be a much bigger job.

12 sec '05 GTs with bolt-ons and a tune, yes, I've already mentioned that. I've seen '05-'06 GTO's get deep into the 12's with NO bolt-ons, just street legal DRs.

No contest with the Altima, I agree, as long as you go with 4cyl vs 6cyl, but not a 6 vs a 6. That's like making a SE Contour take on a CSVT.

Sells numbers mean nothing. Is that why I and others bought a CSVT, because it was a sales champ? And not the best step, imo, because they up the price and throw a supercharger on the small motor (which is the size of a 460cid) to get their hp and times equal to their rivals.

Yes, the 450hp Shelby
For $10k more than a GTO like mine? LOL! Many GTO owners are already going FI, via the Maggie (the Shelby will be FI?)...but the GTos are making around 600hp...at the wheels...for that extra $10k!!!

And the Camaro is coming out (hide and see). If the Mustangs aren't packing FI, they'll never come close to the bigger engines. FYI, word has it that the stock NA GTO will probably be packing that good ol' 450hp, w/o FI of course.

...and I do honestly wish everybody a happy and safe Christmas/Holiday

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
if SALES numbers mean nothing then please explain to me why the camaro was axed...

why would i hide form the new camaro i hope they build a new camaro,i think it would be great for the muscle car wars,i also hope dodge builds the challenger as well....i am a performance car fan,if there was no competition,then ford wouldn't have any reason to improve the mustang...but then again the mustang has always been there,even when gm and dodge abandoned building anything to compete...

and what in the world are you talking about,you say something about a csvt,then a supercharger on a small motor what in the world do those 2 things have to do with each other???

YOU are trying to compare a couple of years newer car(csvt vs. altima)whats the point????i would hope a few years newer sport sedan would pack more power...but like i said compare similiar model year vehicles...take any other 6cyl. sport sedan from 98-00 and the csvt holds up quite well...

what is your hang up with the f/i against n/a....who really cares if a motor has forced induction or is n/a????i don't see the big deal....hell there are 4 bangers out there making more hp than your beloved gto...and plenty that will spank your gto as well....what difference does it make if it does it with all motor or with f/i....

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yeah Mustang was there with 215hp, lookin' at the tailend of the 270hp LT-1...and there with 265hp, lookin' at the exhaust of the LS-1

Quote:

"and what in the world are you talking about,you say something about a csvt,then a supercharger on a small motor what in the world do those 2 things have to do with each other???"

Everything. Like I've always said about Ford...small motors and FI to keep up with NA rivals, be it factory Mustangs, or modded CSVTs. Small motors seem to be Ford's brain-child, nobody elses.

Okay, same for same:

Ford's evolved Fusion vs the new Altima? Still a total whomp? Oh well...

And I'm just discussing approach

IS Ford's MODERN approach the BEST approach? I say no because to better or tie the rivals, they HAVE to FI their motors...but if you want to talk FI, then yes, GM owners can do that too, then, well, the HP difference is just that much more loppsided than it already was. Size matters

Me, I just prefer NA'n my 6.0 and getting more whp than my brother's Kenne Bell'd 4.6, for less $...and a LOT less clutter, and not nearly the stress to the internals that his engine is surely experiencing.

We're each making our own points for what we prefer, so I vote that it's a draw.

And as far as the ricers go...LMAO. I wouldn't own one of those stripped, entry level modded cars, even if you gave it to me. Real and dependable mods to real nice and option-loaded cars, I say.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i guess we both agree to disagree... i will say however it has been entertaining disagreeing with you...alot of times people get their panties in a bunch...uts nice to argue with someone and keep it civil lol..

and i was reffering to the couple of years there when the camaro was axed...gm had nothing for performance besides the corvette

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I love the new Mustang GT - but I hope Chevy comes out with a Camaro that looks like the concept, and has an LS2 6 speed combo, for the same price as the GT. Ford needs some stiff competition in this area forcing them to further develop the mustang's powertrain.

IMO the modular engine has been a good idea for Ford, at least in 4.6L form. But Instead of the 5.4 Ford should have developed their 351ci block along the lines of what GM and Mopar have done, and stuffed that in their trucks. Instead they have an engine family that is displacement chalenged and cannot match the output of the competition without FI.

Unless and until Ford comes out with a true competitor to the LS series and Hemi engines, they should at least Bore out the Modular blocks - take the 4.6 to a 5.0, take the 5.4 to a 6.2, and take full advantage of the OHC head layout on those engines. 300 HP from the 4.6 is nothing to get excited about.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by akrump47:
I love the new Mustang GT - but I hope Chevy comes out with a Camaro that looks like the concept, and has an LS2 6 speed combo, for the same price as the GT. Ford needs some stiff competition in this area forcing them to further develop the mustang's powertrain.

IMO the modular engine has been a good idea for Ford, at least in 4.6L form. But Instead of the 5.4 Ford should have developed their 351ci block along the lines of what GM and Mopar have done, and stuffed that in their trucks. Instead they have an engine family that is displacement chalenged and cannot match the output of the competition without FI.

Unless and until Ford comes out with a true competitor to the LS series and Hemi engines, they should at least Bore out the Modular blocks - take the 4.6 to a 5.0, take the 5.4 to a 6.2, and take full advantage of the OHC head layout on those engines. 300 HP from the 4.6 is nothing to get excited about.

I hope that Ford decides to dust-off an old 351ci for one of their "Legend Series"

That'd be killer.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
i guess we both agree to disagree... i will say however it has been entertaining disagreeing with you...alot of times people get their panties in a bunch...uts nice to argue with someone and keep it civil lol..

and i was reffering to the couple of years there when the camaro was axed...gm had nothing for performance besides the corvette

I'll be the first to admit that my GTO is a great lookin' car, but I'll also admit that the new Mustang looks maybe even better. I've even owned 4 performance Mustangs over the years (and the CSVT), so there's something there to like. I've also owned my fair share of fast GM cars, but the GTO is just me getting back to GM after being a Ford follower, basically, for the last 20 years. I just appreciate the big v8s and how easy it is to get big hp and torque numbers from them.

And I guess the reason I went Ford was because I didn't like the layout of the F-bodies, even tho' they were almost always faster for less money than Ford's best. The new GTO [and hopefully the new Camaro/Firebird] is a different story tho'.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The new GTO's have agreat power...other than that, the exterior looks like a fricken grand am. Thats all a lot of people see them as, a HB grand am. they could have made that car look awesome, but they really failed on that. I'm also disappointed with the look of the new chargers. Of the 3 major companies, ford is the only 1 that didn't bring back an old discontinued model and made their current model look like the old school one.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
The new GTO's have agreat power...other than that, the exterior looks like a fricken grand am. Thats all a lot of people see them as, a HB grand am. they could have made that car look awesome, but they really failed on that. I'm also disappointed with the look of the new chargers. Of the 3 major companies, ford is the only 1 that didn't bring back an old discontinued model and made their current model look like the old school one.

Sorry but you're an assclown. The interior looks NOTHING LIKE A GRAND AM or any other run of the mill GM interior - my bet - you've never seen one in person. The seats, dash, radio, gauges, etc. - ALL quality and not the cheap standard sh!t GM's usually throws in all it's cars. Even the Corvette interior blows with that sad excuse for a sound system it comes with
In the GTO you will not find the good old AC Delco electronics and craptastic radio you find in EVERY GM car - it has a Blaupunkt CD player and fabulous seats. Get a clue.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i love the GTO interior. it's the exterior that disappointed me.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard