Originally posted by acammer:
Powerful, advanced technology NA v6. Above average handling. Refined, not to bold styling.

Pushrods are in NO WAY "advanced technology" slick. It does have VVT on it's Single Underhead Cam but other then that it's simple old school technology.

Also it's power rating is nothing to brag about.

It has a 3.9L engine (57-60% larger then the SVT) and makes only 240HP. (~20% more power) It does have a significant advantage in torque (+75 peak or ~40%) but no @$%#@)! shock there because it displaces 57-60% more cubic inches respectively. Considering the huge displacement advantage and the fact the engine design is well over a decade newer the output sucks in comparisson. Quite badly actually. (heck look at any of the current 3.5L DOHC offerings )

Then to top that off it gets poor fuel efficiency. (18/26) It takes that large an engine to produce so little power and it gets terrible mileage to boot. What a waste of an engine design team.
Hell the new Hemi engine is rated the same and it's behind a slushbox. It also makes over a hundred more HP & TQ and is nearly 2 liters larger.
The engine is nothing special at all.

The handling of the G6 is nothing to write home about either. It has the typical GM body roll and vague steering & handling feel. It is better then the General typical builds into a car but it was definitely designed by the typical GM "lesofa" makers.
I will glady admit it is light years better then the steaming POS it replaced though. I do agree with you on that part.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.