Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I don't think the SRT-4 is in the same class as a CSVT, IF we are going into SCCs than the MSprotege would be above the CSVT in handling too, they can be had now for less than $20k.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Quote:

show me a car in the csvt's class that can handle like it?

SRT-4 and in addition to handling,==================LSD, turbo, Viper seats, front mount intercooler, mods from the factory w/ warrenty, 17" wheels, GREAT brakes and lets not forget the clincher, its a little over $20K, cheaper than the CSVT was 5 years ago!

Whatever. It has never handled in the CSVT's class!
It whipped us in straight line acceleration, stock on stock though.
It has not had the build quality of a CSVT...in most cases anyway.
It hasn't got the cargo room or the visibility out all windows.
I like the interior well enough on the SRT-4 but the SVT is definitely better.
The engine on the SVT is a better engine because it is similar in size, naturally aspirated it made 90% of the power that the SRT4 was rated at. Or conversely the SRT4 made 225 HP with a turbo.

It is cheaper than the CSVT, but then again you got less in the refinement category.
There are things in the CSVT that could have easily been done better though.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
A F'in Neon??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a joke, Cool car way to small and i thought it handled like a peice of [censored]!

Fast in a straight line.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i've never heard of the srt handling well out of the box,sure with the proper suspension it can be made better...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You guys must not remember the good 'ol days of Neons entering into competitive racing. The Neon is actually a very capable handler. Always has been. Perhaps not always up to CSVT standards, but I'm sure the ACR package approached the levels coming from the CSVT, if not bettered them.

Here's some racing history for the Neon... SCCA

Last edited by MadMerc97; 12/17/05 10:38 AM.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well ya....modified is a different story, and the car is a lot lighter and smaller. Once a good tuned suspension is thrown on it then its good.

We have to compare stock for stock and with the exception of power and price, the SRT was behind the already OLD CSVT.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
HAULT! The build quality is better, can you say dash warpage, syncros, diffs, black paint chipping, moonroof motors, etc. IMO both cars are going to have "some" issues, so thats nill and void IMO Now lets talk about price! My car stickered for $23.5K and with factoring in inflation, what would that put the 2000 CSVT up to right now. Let me say this again, I liked my old car, alot, but IMO the SRT-4 IS in the same catagory and is a better perf, turbo or not. I don't like this "well, its got a turbo and the CSVT doesn't", it is what it is, period! Its like if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle Comparing base models, sure, the Contour is a nicer ride, but when you look at the perf versions, most enthusists will look past some things to get to perf, especially when its available at the dealership, what a concept Lets look at it like this then, $24K for the CSVT back in 2000 and about $21K for the 2005 SRT-4, what could you have done with the extra $3K you saved on the SRT-4....

-mod that suspension to outperform the CSVT
-upgrade to a stage 1 package

I'm theres other things I'm missing because I'm not into that car, but you get the point, I hope Another thing is this, the base Mazdaspeed 6 is a little over $28K, or about $4K more than the CSVT and NOW we're talking bargain, substance and exclusivity!!!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
HAULT! The build quality is better, can you say dash warpage, syncros, diffs, black paint chipping, moonroof motors, etc. IMO both cars are going to have "some" issues, so thats nill and void IMO Now lets talk about price! My car stickered for $23.5K and with factoring in inflation, what would that put the 2000 CSVT up to right now. Let me say this again, I liked my old car, alot, but IMO the SRT-4 IS in the same catagory and is a better perf, turbo or not. I don't like this "well, its got a turbo and the CSVT doesn't", it is what it is, period! Its like if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle Comparing base models, sure, the Contour is a nicer ride, but when you look at the perf versions, most enthusists will look past some things to get to perf, especially when its available at the dealership, what a concept Lets look at it like this then, $24K for the CSVT back in 2000 and about $21K for the 2005 SRT-4, what could you have done with the extra $3K you saved on the SRT-4....

-mod that suspension to outperform the CSVT
-upgrade to a stage 1 package

I'm theres other things I'm missing because I'm not into that car, but you get the point, I hope Another thing is this, the base Mazdaspeed 6 is a little over $28K, or about $4K more than the CSVT and NOW we're talking bargain, substance and exclusivity!!!

And if I had a point, it was that the 2000 $24,4xx.xx CSVT served me very well, but when I had a chance to buy a 2005 $28,3xx.xx GTO it was a no brainer. A 13.0 sec car right off of the showroom floor, and more power, with just a few basic mods, made cheaper and easier than I could have ever gotten out of my CSVT

When I started thinking about how a Saturn Ion just might be able to walk me, I knew it was time to start lookin' for a replacement

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

When I started thinking about how a Saturn Ion just might be able to walk me, I knew it was time to start lookin' for a replacement

Looks like your got out while the getting was good because those cars smoke the CSVT too Someone over on our Crossfire forum posted a link for the upcoming Sky ( ) and there was more than a couple guys over there putting down 230 hp to the front wheels Personally I'd take the Cobalt SS over the ION Redline and you know what, even though the Saturn is plastic, its still 150 lbs heavier, why BTW, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the "smoke the CSVT comment" BTW, I love benchracing, it makes the winter time alot more fun

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Quote:

Looks like your got out while the getting was good because those cars smoke the CSVT too Someone over on our Crossfire forum posted a link for the upcoming Sky ( ) and there was more than a couple guys over there putting down 230 hp to the front wheels Personally I'd take the Cobalt SS over the ION Redline and you know what, even though the Saturn is plastic, its still 150 lbs heavier, why BTW, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the "smoke the CSVT comment" BTW, I love benchracing, it makes the winter time alot more fun

Yeah, I'm sorry too. No real offense intended. The CSVT was the best car I've owned so far. It did everything well. Did some things even better than my GTO, but I'll address that problem the first time I do a brake job on the GTO. I'll be a happy guy if my GTO proves to be as trouble-free as my CSVT was.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard