Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
I hear you, so your saying on a roll the cars are pretty much the same then, right One thing I know about GM car is the "fun govenor" and thats also holding the G6 GTP back in that area. My thing is this, in the 1/4 mile, the G6 GTP w/ 6 speed beats the CSVT by an acre. I don't know where those stats came from, but my C&D says 14.4 @97 mph for the G6 GTP w/6spd. Also, I can't believe the Malibu weighs 3800 Imagine if that car was on diet, say about 400lbs.

Now as far as the GTO, we arent' comparing the GTO and CSVT again are we Given both cars, I'd take the GTO 100 out of 100 times and twice on Sunday. 400 hp, FOUR HUNDRED foot pounds of torque, 6 spd and RWD, did I miss something....oh yeah, mods, lots of them!

Yeah, it's neat. I've seen GTO owners w/ less mods than me [CAI and DRs] run 12.6s and 12.7s - and break into the 11s w/o forced induction or nitrous, w/ just heads, cam, full exhaust and tune.

The best part, I paid less than 4k more for my GTO [$28,3xx vs $24,4xx], 6 years after I bought my CSVT.

2005 RED GTO w/ M6 - Lingenfelter CAI - Corsa Sport Cat-Back - SLP LTs - C5 Pads