Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1460357 12/31/05 02:54 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Jim,
Kudos to you!
I wish I had rich parents that could've put me through flight school, but I didn't. So I went to state University and became an engineer instead. It's too late for me to switch careers now so that's why I spend my money on my car and have it like it is.

Gilroy" on the other habd complains about his car and rather than have it serviced and given a tune-up so it runs properly. He [censored] and comes up with hare-brain schemes to extend it mileage by trying to figure out how to install a bigger fuel tank rather than maybe give it the tune-up it needs. Therefore he's an assclwn. I'm not riping on pilots at all - remember I wanted to be one myself. I'm ripping on his BS, wnnabe-elitist, attitude.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1460358 12/31/05 04:15 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Stazi:
Jim,
Kudos to you!
I wish I had rich parents that could've put me through flight school, but I didn't. So I went to state University and became an engineer instead. It's too late for me to switch careers now so that's why I spend my money on my car and have it like it is.

I wish, I did it myself. I chose NOT to pursue a flying career because I didn't want to "starve" for the ten years it takes to make captain. I have a buddy who flys for Masaba? I think is the name, he's been there like 6 years and makes $31,000 a year. Insane. But as a (expensive) hobby I love it. But aren't most mens hobbys expensive? And you might be able to afford more than you think, If you could put $4,000 down at a flight school and fly at least three times a week you would have your ticket in less than six months. I'll have my instrutor rating soon so who knows?

Originally posted by Stazi:
Gilroy" on the other habd complains about his car and rather than have it serviced and given a tune-up so it runs properly. He [censored] and comes up with hare-brain schemes to extend it mileage by trying to figure out how to install a bigger fuel tank rather than maybe give it the tune-up it needs. Therefore he's an assclwn. I'm not riping on pilots at all - remember I wanted to be one myself. I'm ripping on his BS, wnnabe-elitist, attitude.

Yes he does need to stfu about it. You or I wouldn't go on a aircraft newsgroup and rip the aircraft up and down, and he needs to respect this place also. Problem is the anonomimity (is that a word?)of the internet. Most people would not act like they do on the internet if it was a face to face situation. It's breeding a whole generation of inconsiderate, obnoxious, assclowns that care about nothing but "me me me".

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1460359 12/31/05 05:11 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Enough is enough.

Ray already stated to quit the flaming and yet it continues. I don't care who you are, how "respected" you are on CEG, how much you know, rules are rules.

Everyone in this thread is being warned publicly. 1 week bans will follow for any further rules violations.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard