Originally posted by svt4stv:
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

Trying to make lemonade with the only lemon I have.

dude, if youre a private citizen and a pilot (ie non-military) AND youre planning on building a kit plane, youve obviously got some money. why on earth are you driving a contour and then complaining about it?? why dont you go buy a nice 3 series or something? hell, if i was a pilot, i wouldnt want to be seen rolling up to airport in a contour. no offense meant, but obviously you dont care for the car so why not get something else?

btw, when you finally do get your kit plane going, dont let the rich boys with "real airplanes" hassle you too much

Steve, I agree with your theory 100%.

But THIS Gilroy guy is a damn assclown......another run-of-the-mill, internet BS-artist. My thoughts - he probably is making all this "pilot" crap up. I should know, I looked into becoming a pilot about 12 years ago and the thing stopping me was the cost of licensing and the cost of the "hours" themselves. People that had money to do it weren't driving POS cars that had all this problems he dscribes, poor mileage, bad shifting, barely running, etc. - like his Contour sounds like it's doing.

Once Chad's (Stryped) cousing, Gilroy decides to stop spouting off BS about being a pilot, and especially on how he is this higher being, superior to the rest of us then we may cut him some slack, but sorry moderators, till then I will ride him like the assclown he is!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!