Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1460347 12/30/05 06:37 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
well I have been laying low with my new build...you'll see and hear about my car

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
#1460348 12/30/05 07:30 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
What car are you building? The tour? unless your real name is LTHLPSI and u lurk on SVTperformance

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1460349 12/31/05 12:20 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by stilov:
well if you lined your car up with mine...you would need to worry about seeing the duct in the front of the car.

But I will tell you the rear end of my car is extra nice looking.

haha,my car is slow. I'm not knocking the duct's fucntional ability,because it works,especially with having a TMIC,it just isn't pleasing to the eye. But in most cases: Function over form.

But Gilroy is just stupid. "Let's put ram air on a stock Contour and make it as fast as a plane!"

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
#1460350 12/31/05 12:42 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
NO...I know I am giving you a hard time. I know everyone has their own opinions, but I do like the look of mine and the fact that it had/has function was cool too.

I *think* and I may be wrong, but many things that ricers "do" are labeled ugly only because they have no function.

Ex. wings on accords, civics etc...but you don't hear nearly the complaints about wings on say a an MKIV Supra, or Evo or STi (although you do still get some)

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
#1460351 12/31/05 01:26 AM
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by TwoTwinTours:

But Gilroy is just stupid. "Let's put ram air on a stock Contour and make it as fast as a plane!"

I said that?

Trying to make lemonade with the only lemon I have.

But I was deeply discouraged on doing it because so many people have animosity towards doing such things.

Oh well...

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
#1460352 12/31/05 02:19 AM
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

I said that?

But I was deeply discouraged on doing it because so many people have animosity towards doing such things.

Oh well...

I never saw a post that said he wanted 298756 hoprepower from this. Mabye he just wants it for looks. In that case, I say go for it man. Its your car, do whatever you want to it.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
#1460353 12/31/05 02:29 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R

That's be just about enough of this...

I don't car if you don't LIKE Gilroy.. don't AGREE with him, or wish he would leave.

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. If you don't want to do that, then just.. IGNORE HIM.. This is the same "advice" I would give to someone that doesn't like you..

that's just common sense, and COURTESY. this goes for EVERYONE. There's been about enough of the belittling and ribbing on him.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1460354 12/31/05 09:01 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S

dude, if youre a private citizen and a pilot (ie non-military) AND youre planning on building a kit plane, youve obviously got some money. why on earth are you driving a contour and then complaining about it?? why dont you go buy a nice 3 series or something? hell, if i was a pilot, i wouldnt want to be seen rolling up to airport in a contour. no offense meant, but obviously you dont care for the car so why not get something else?

btw, when you finally do get your kit plane going, dont let the rich boys with "real airplanes" hassle you too much

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1460355 12/31/05 01:45 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by svt4stv:

dude, if youre a private citizen and a pilot (ie non-military) AND youre planning on building a kit plane, youve obviously got some money. why on earth are you driving a contour and then complaining about it?? why dont you go buy a nice 3 series or something? hell, if i was a pilot, i wouldnt want to be seen rolling up to airport in a contour. no offense meant, but obviously you dont care for the car so why not get something else?

btw, when you finally do get your kit plane going, dont let the rich boys with "real airplanes" hassle you too much

Steve, I agree with your theory 100%.

But THIS Gilroy guy is a damn assclown......another run-of-the-mill, internet BS-artist. My thoughts - he probably is making all this "pilot" crap up. I should know, I looked into becoming a pilot about 12 years ago and the thing stopping me was the cost of licensing and the cost of the "hours" themselves. People that had money to do it weren't driving POS cars that had all this problems he dscribes, poor mileage, bad shifting, barely running, etc. - like his Contour sounds like it's doing.

Once Chad's (Stryped) cousing, Gilroy decides to stop spouting off BS about being a pilot, and especially on how he is this higher being, superior to the rest of us then we may cut him some slack, but sorry moderators, till then I will ride him like the assclown he is!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1460356 12/31/05 02:48 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by svt4stv:

Steve, I agree with your theory 100%.

But THIS Gilroy guy is a damn assclown......another run-of-the-mill, internet BS-artist. My thoughts - he probably is making all this "pilot" crap up. I should know, I looked into becoming a pilot about 12 years ago and the thing stopping me was the cost of licensing and the cost of the "hours" themselves. People that had money to do it weren't driving POS cars that had all this problems he dscribes, poor mileage, bad shifting, barely running, etc. - like his Contour sounds like it's doing.

Once Chad's (Stryped) cousing, Gilroy decides to stop spouting off BS about being a pilot, and especially on how he is this higher being, superior to the rest of us then we may cut him some slack, but sorry moderators, till then I will ride him like the assclown he is!

Hmmm. I drive a Contour, I fly planes, It's all about priorities. I drive a five year old car, A. because I like the damn thing. B. Because it allows me to do things like buy a new Triumph Sprint and go flying whenever I please. And C. I own it, it owes me nothing. And no I dont live in a trailer I just bought a $317,000 (damn) house so I do spend it! You could have become a pilot for the price of the mods on your SVT Stazi. Like I said, priorities. Sure Gilroy is annoying about flying, but he's passionate about it and not a lot of people can say that about anything in their life.

Jim T.
Heck I like the damn car so much your going to get to do the 3.0 on it soon Staz!
Hey. I'm close enough to take him up and see if he's half the pilot he claims.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard