Originally posted by gilroynewball:
Originally posted by Tourige:
i have a question... WHY??? what purpose, unless you have a TMIC which i know you dont, there is no other reason for it, the possible gains in the "colder" air you would get into the intake from a hoodscoop is negligable. for your money you could get a nice Bosal or some MSDS headers.

The big question is WHY???

Why do people modify their cars? Heck, why do people modify a Contour? I see no reason to modify such an odd looking car. Just as how you see no reason to cut a chunk of hood and extend the airbox. Now that I have a contour, I'll just make lemonade with my lemon.

I choose to fabricate rather than buy. It's a little cheaper, and I know of a couple of places to buy raw composites adn catalysts to build such things. Just reapplying aviation technology to cars, is all.

And I want to apply my composite handy-work in building something small, and THEN move to building a kitplane.

And, I just want to see if it can be done while keeping as stock as possible.

Because this is a contour forum and not everyone has a POS contour, some people got good ones AND know how to take care of them!
You obviously have never driven an SVT.

Also, why must you keep bringing up pilot references anyway? What do you fly? I hope its an F16 or something worth justfying your consistent post patterns.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black