In my opinion the pre-'98 Contours and Mystiques are better looking; I think mainly because they are two different cars. That is the front end was totally different between the two as well as the rear. '98 up are the same vehicle except for the grill. And as mentioned there are the little things for the Mercs, like the rear dome light, mini glove box on left side of steering colum, fancy under hood light (not sure if that was an LS YA thing or all Mercs had it). Of course the pre '98 Mercs had a different dash than the 'Tours; which Ford copied for '98 & up. Speaking of which someone said that Ford improved the vents in '96? Does anybody know if the '96 & up dashes are the same? As in mounting holes? My dash is so messed up from previous owners that the only reason that what's left of it is still there is because it would look rather ugly without it. I plan on replacing the dash and now it looks like the best bet MIGHT be to get a '96 or '97 dash.

As for the pre '98 cupholders mine has the single but it is broke and since my wife is trading off her '96 'Tour for an '05 Taurus I'll swap the cupholders. Hers is the original 2 cup holder that is still complete and unbroken.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.