Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Looks like im going with the KONI sport kit, its the best bang for my buck and its proven to work. To bad its gonna cost me 1 Grand to get them, and then i need to find a McPherson spring compressor.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by NVSVT:
Originally posted by scottd60:
Maybe it has [something] to do with what [you have] in your trunk as well Mine is empty, clean and stock not 100lbs of amps, wooden boxes and huge subs

Thanks Scott, you took the words right out of my mouth.

You can have AS with any spring if you put enough junk in your trunk.

I know most of those cars don't have bog stereo's. Keep trying. Mark's car didn't have anything in it.

Cut & paste
http://svt.sho.tripod.com/spring_zing/sz2k1_14.jpg

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by svt4stv:
so youre saying is that the car's bodywork makes it APPEAR to have ass sag like pretty much every other car. look at the 3 series. the rear will be tucking tire while front does not (if level). if i were to put H&Rs on my car with those 19z the rear end probably wouldnt clear the opening of underground parking garages.

I'm inclined to agree. It's an optical allusion IMHO. There are several areas on our cars that, depending on the vantage point, look out of kilter. One is that the rear wheels appear not to be centered in the wheel arch but forward of the center line. Another is the front track is wider than the rear which is one thing I hate on front drive cars. While those two examples aren't allusions, this one about rear sag - if you measure from the top of the tire to the top of the fender arch, yes, it looks like the rear is lower. I don't think there is really anyway to tell since the body cladding (at least on SVT's) is not symmetrical - that is, it's not equidistant from the ground when measuring the front and rear of the side skirt or measuring the distance to the ground from the bottom of the front or rear bumper covers.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I just had a thought but not soon enough to edit my first post. I suppose one way to measure front and rear ride height - to determine once and for all whether or not the rear "sags" is to remove the side skirts and then measure the distance between the bottom of the body just after the front wheel and just before the rear one. Maybe that would do the trick.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 88SVT:
I just had a thought but not soon enough to edit my first post. I suppose one way to measure front and rear ride height - to determine once and for all whether or not the rear "sags" is to remove the side skirts and then measure the distance between the bottom of the body just after the front wheel and just before the rear one. Maybe that would do the trick.
Karl

No need to remove the skirts. You can get behind them and place a level against the bottom of the rocker section.

Anyway, by Todd's definition, all SVTs have ass sag, even at stock ride height. By his definition, in which appearance=reality, I think the SVT's rear bumper makes the rear look too low. And that is a matter of personal taste only.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard