Hmm. Oil pressure, MAF voltage would be two that could be very usefull if you new what you were looking at.
Maf sensor voltage can be correlated with airflow volume. If you get a copy of the maf transfer function then you can interpolate the airflow in grams or pounds per minute. This can tell you if you are saving gas or not. For performance it can tell you if you are pushing the amount of air that you think you should be and let you know if you are maxing out your sensor.

Tapping the sensor wires would be far easier. If you try the obdII route I bet you never get it done.

most sensors on the car work on a 0-5 volt reference.
The MAF has four wires but you only need the signal and ground
Oil pressure is a variable resistance sensor so you can read voltage as a function of oil pressure. This one can be all analog and no microprocessor required other than to drive the led numerals I guess.
The MAF one will be more challenging because you have to have a lot of data points since the curve of airlfow versus maf voltage is not linear at all. Looks more like a third order polynomial.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black