Originally posted by pole120:
flares like on the saleen contour would be the hotness

Flares like those as a stand alone piece does not flow with the lines of this car. Now, this is my opinion and I believe that of a large part of CEG as well. If I may be so bold as to go on, in order to make something that is going to be a broad success we need to look at the other kits and where they failed. Both the Erubuni and Kaotic Kit are very nice kits on their own but when coupled to the contour do not match up aesthetically. The one exception is the Erubuni kit put on the Mystique. The lines flow and it actually enhances the car as a whole, not just a section. Dreroks front bumpers were and are very good pieces of work however when you look at the finished piece you could easily tell that something doesn't seem quite right. Even the much drooled over M3 bumper, that I wonder will ever get made, almost doesn't look quite right. It does do a better job at bringing the lines of the car forward and into the bumper but still needs tweaking. In pictures the CF1 trunk does a pretty good job at bringing the lines of the car into it with a small exception. In the pictures it misses the mark by about a half inch to tall. I have never seen it in person myself yet there a handful of people here that will tell me I'm wrong.

Now, if someone wants to take a buddy club kit and stick on the contour backwards because they think it looks great then by all means do it and be proud of your work. If something is to be mass produced or just wants the acceptance of the mass population then it needs to just work.
Enhance the slight lip that is there now on the fender but keep in mind that there isn't anyone running 12" tires that needs to be tucked under the fender because they're so wide.
Keep in mind the spirit and design of the car and work on complimenting and enhancing it.

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa