Well I just had a fun trip to no where. I'm not getting to work for the next 2 or 3 hours...

Just tried to get to work via 97 blazer and that was no luck at all. All four tires were spinning :shooked:

Well anyway. little more detail:

Went outside to clean snow off my car and warm it up. Brushed most of the snow off and started the car. Let it idle down then turned on the headlights, defroster - 3 dot high heat, and the rear defroster. I went back outside to keep cleaning off snow and wipers. I'm banging the wipers and I hear squealling...My first thought was that the little chipmunk/squirrel thats been a PITA for the last month is trapped on top of my manifold and is scared shitless. So I pop the hood and prepare to be mauled by a rodent.

There is no rodent and the motor is sqealing, then not, sqealing, then not. I was thinking then great the belt is slipping because of cold. Well I went back into the car I was going to turn off the defroster thinking it would help if the belt slippage and bam CEL. So I immediate off the defroster and turn off the key.

It was a horrible squeal too, hence me thinking animal. I've been told if you spin a bearing you'll hear a horrible squeal before it dies. so could this be a bearing? Or I am over worrying

I plan on getting a ride to advance to pick up a obd-II scanner if I get to work.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood