Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
I'll see if I can get a measurement of the SuperSport hood struts I just got (from a CEGer) .

I test-fit 'em & the only conclusion I came to , was that they fit better , mounted in the rear-most holes of the hood hinges . When they're mounted in the front hood hinge bolts , it almost seems like they're a bit too long & seem to bottom out or something (with the hood closed) , which makes the hood go all catty-wampus , forcing it back , and twisting the fender flange a bit . It hits a bit on a fender bolt back in the hinge area too , but that's not the issue . Mounted in the rear hood hinge holes , they clear everything just fine , but don't have much in the way of hood-holding power & will probably clobber me in the back of my head when I least expect it .

r the supersport struts u just got the ones from a ceger from the groupbuy from a few years ago? unless their blown out, they should easily hold the hood up.

eric, these r the converted numbers that were mentioned

20cm=7.84in
25cm=9.84in
40cm=15.75in

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale