Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
mine is in the same bolt on the hinge. thats where it works. others tried the top bolt on the hinge and it didnt work right. i've had them for years now and never had one single issue with opening closing the hood. the hood is held open just fine and is lifted higher than stock too.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I also have never had a problem and didn't remember even trying them anywhere else.

Ok, this place is a PIA to deal with. I have removed their info e-mail address so they don't get hit by spam, but if anybody wants it to prove how interested in these kits we are, PM me and I can send it to you. So far this is what I have sent and received:

Quote:

Sascha,

Can you please give me the compressed length?

Can you please also give me the shipping rate you use to ship to the US, what forms of payment you accept and anything else I might need to order these from you if I find they are correct?

Where are you located?

Best Regards,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 8:58 AM
To: 'Eric Lewin'
Subject: AW: Enquiry from European-Parts

Extended.

I can ship anywhere in the world.

Sascha

-----Urspr�¼ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Eric Lewin [mailto:svt1675@]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 15:26
An: 'European-Parts'
Betreff: RE: Enquiry from European-Parts

Are you saying that you can not ship to the US? Is 40cm extended or compressed?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 7:56 AM
To: 'Eric Lewin'
Subject: AW: Enquiry from European-Parts

Wow, I cant help you really. They are about 40cm long in total and the gas chamber is 20cm long.

-----Urspr�¼ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Eric Lewin [mailto:svt1675]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2005 05:36
An: European-Parts
Betreff: Enquiry from European-Parts

I am interested in the Focus hood struts you offer on your site, listed here: http://www.europeanparts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=264

However, these are not for a Focus, but a Contour, the same as the Mondeo. Would you be able to give some dimensions of the struts? Like overall length extended and compressed. These look identical to a set I purchased years ago from another compnay in the UK that has since gone out of business. I am in need of replacements and would appreciate your help greatly.

If these are the same, can you give me a rough estimate on the price of shipping to the United States, to Kansas, zip 66083.

Thank you very much in advance and I hope we can do business soon! If these work, I am sure there are many Contour owners that would be interested in
purchasing these.

Best Regards,
Eric Lewin

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
sounds like when the hood is open they r 40cm and just the lower gas chamber is 20cm. eric do u still have yours on your car? i'll try to measure mine. but if the gas chamber is 20cm on ours like the ones for the focus, then they should fit. a shipping quote would be nice. the site has a link to convert all pricing to the dollar and a set costs like 35. i remember the group buy being like 80ish maybe.

sidenote, i had removed mine to have them powdercoated black but remembered they were gas filled. i doubt u can pc them for this reason. anyone know of any other processes short of painting them to color them? the polish finish shows thru the crack of the hood/fender on my black car. this isnt a problem for silver tours.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Phew, I had lost track of this thread with my finlas now over, I can concentrate on this!

Ok, the place e-mailed me back again, The compressed is about 25cm. They can ship to the us for 16 EUR airmail. And they gave me their paypal address.

I don't have a metric-abled measuring device at home, I'll have to bring one from work tomorrow and check them out as they are still on my car, along with the prop-rod.

Assuming these work, anybody else want a set so we can combine shipping? I would ahve to have you paypal me the $$ then I will order and ship to you.

Think it over and once we measure, we're set! Cross your figners as these are awesome struts if they are the same!

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I'd consider it. PM me with US prices. Thanks

~Eric (P) haha

2000 CSVT Silver Frost: #942 of 2150 HID Projectors and Fog Light Mod, Optomized TB, MSDS headers 2003 Silverstone Z
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Put me down for a set.

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
send me pricing as well

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Please keep this in mind all (my disclaimer):

We are looking at approximately $50-60 by the time I get them shipped to your door. There is a chance they might not fit, in which case it probably won't be worth the effort & shipping costs to return them.

I will measure them and have somebody double check my measuring, but I don't want people getting all pissed off at me if they don't work for some reason.

Like I said, just a little CYA on my side And with all of that said for the reasons above, I don't want to order a lot of these if everything measures out. That way only a few of us get burned/ take one for the team!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'll see if I can get a measurement of the SuperSport hood struts I just got (from a CEGer) .

I test-fit 'em & the only conclusion I came to , was that they fit better , mounted in the rear-most holes of the hood hinges . When they're mounted in the front hood hinge bolts , it almost seems like they're a bit too long & seem to bottom out or something (with the hood closed) , which makes the hood go all catty-wampus , forcing it back , and twisting the fender flange a bit . It hits a bit on a fender bolt back in the hinge area too , but that's not the issue . Mounted in the rear hood hinge holes , they clear everything just fine , but don't have much in the way of hood-holding power & will probably clobber me in the back of my head when I least expect it .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
I'll see if I can get a measurement of the SuperSport hood struts I just got (from a CEGer) .

I test-fit 'em & the only conclusion I came to , was that they fit better , mounted in the rear-most holes of the hood hinges . When they're mounted in the front hood hinge bolts , it almost seems like they're a bit too long & seem to bottom out or something (with the hood closed) , which makes the hood go all catty-wampus , forcing it back , and twisting the fender flange a bit . It hits a bit on a fender bolt back in the hinge area too , but that's not the issue . Mounted in the rear hood hinge holes , they clear everything just fine , but don't have much in the way of hood-holding power & will probably clobber me in the back of my head when I least expect it .

r the supersport struts u just got the ones from a ceger from the groupbuy from a few years ago? unless their blown out, they should easily hold the hood up.

eric, these r the converted numbers that were mentioned

20cm=7.84in
25cm=9.84in
40cm=15.75in

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard