M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:
From personal experience. Don't put the stock trans back in...you are totally f ing yourself and will have to pull it again.

From what Weargle has said, he's going to be driving this car daily, with very little abuse. Point A to Point B driving will not need a rebuilt/upgraded transmission, assuming his trans was still in good shape before the swap.

Mark

My shift tower bolt broke coming to a stop light when I popped the clutch and put it in neutrel.

Yeah, and that means that it will happen to every Contour drive on earth. You post some of the most general things that have happened to YOU, and act as if it's gospil. So I've snapped probably 3 roll resistor bolts, does that mean it happens to everyone? Had the engine not blown in Weargle's car, I'm sure he'd be driving with the tranny as-is right now, and he'd be fine.

Mark

How often does sh!t break on the MTX 75. If not in just my experience...ive helped pull a trans get it back in and then just have scotts bolt on his shift tower break.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
From personal experience. Don't put the stock trans back in...you are totally f ing yourself and will have to pull it again.

From what Weargle has said, he's going to be driving this car daily, with very little abuse. Point A to Point B driving will not need a rebuilt/upgraded transmission, assuming his trans was still in good shape before the swap.

Mark

My shift tower bolt broke coming to a stop light when I popped the clutch and put it in neutrel.

Yeah, and that means that it will happen to every Contour drive on earth. You post some of the most general things that have happened to YOU, and act as if it's gospil. So I've snapped probably 3 roll resistor bolts, does that mean it happens to everyone? Had the engine not blown in Weargle's car, I'm sure he'd be driving with the tranny as-is right now, and he'd be fine.

Mark

How often does sh!t break on the MTX 75. If not in just my experience...ive helped pull a trans get it back in and then just have scotts bolt on his shift tower break.

Then rather than spend major dollars to pull a tranny or the big dollar shaft mods to the shift tower,
Search up my shift tower mod and in the transmission forum.
It can be done rather quickly, a morning or afternoon job and at a cost or around $5.
It will save you from a broken transmission should the bolt ever break.
I figured a lot of people would have appreciated the write-up and pictures and the overall simplicity of the mod itself.
But of course....nope.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Engine has been buttoned up; transmission has the warmonger fix, and the clutch job was finished. New control arms have been installed as have the shifter cables. CEL eliminators have been installed due to the lack of precats; I found that welding a lower attachment point from a Camaro Bilstein fit exactly in the spot on the rear manifold that was drilled out to gut that cat. Aluminum colored exhaust paint (Duplicolor 1000�ºF) that was cured in the oven seemed to do the trick quite nicely covering the weld and it looks almost factory.

Next step, dropping her in and turning the key.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by weargle:
Engine has been buttoned up; transmission has the warmonger fix, and the clutch job was finished. New control arms have been installed as have the shifter cables. CEL eliminators have been installed due to the lack of precats; I found that welding a lower attachment point from a Camaro Bilstein fit exactly in the spot on the rear manifold that was drilled out to gut that cat. Aluminum colored exhaust paint (Duplicolor 1000�ºF) that was cured in the oven seemed to do the trick quite nicely covering the weld and it looks almost factory.

Next step, dropping her in and turning the key.

Wow. Congrats.

Tell me more about this bilstein thingy?? I'm not quite following it.

Last edited by warmonger; 01/09/06 12:56 AM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
A buddy had adapted a pair of Camaro Bilstein shocks to fit in his 73 Celica. He had to chopsaw off the bottoms to get them to work, and had spare metal lying around. Imagine a spool cut in half; the lip allowed the material to not fall through the hole that I had drilled, and didn't fill the hole with slag. We trimmed that puppy down a lot, and welded around the edge of it then ground that down almost flush with the rest of the manifold. If you stare at it, it looks like an anomoly from the factory.

W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
It's alive!

Two things: is there a pic of the front brake clips installed and I have an extra part that looks like a pin with a sheath that came from the left side suspension.

Any ideas?

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Should be on the outside.

Have no idea on the "sheathed pin" w/o a pic.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
check your email

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Still have never seen anything like that. You sure it's off of a Contour?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
It has "Ford" stamped on it & isn't from either a Miata or a Goat.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard