Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah that's probably WAY more accurate.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
you can get them uncoated,if he doesnt live or drive in the snow belt..pick up just the headers for $200,and modify your stock y..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Uncoated mild steel headers are not a good idea ANYWHERE in the US - they'll rust out in no time from the sheer heat alone.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Since this thread has gone to shyte already, here's the requisite pic. Reinstallation should be early next week.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
From personal experience. Don't put the stock trans back in...you are totally f ing yourself and will have to pull it again.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
From personal experience. Don't put the stock trans back in...you are totally f ing yourself and will have to pull it again.

From what Weargle has said, he's going to be driving this car daily, with very little abuse. Point A to Point B driving will not need a rebuilt/upgraded transmission, assuming his trans was still in good shape before the swap.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Not cracking the trans to even INSPECT the synchros and diff is ludicrous, regardless.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

From what Weargle has said, he's going to be driving this car daily, with very little abuse. Point A to Point B driving will not need a rebuilt/upgraded transmission, assuming his trans was still in good shape before the swap.

Mark

My shift tower bolt broke coming to a stop light when I popped the clutch and put it in neutrel.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
I've already had the pleasure of retrieving a broken bolt from my transmission. I also have a spare MTX-75 that will be receiving a Torsen sometime next summer/fall.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

My shift tower bolt broke coming to a stop light when I popped the clutch and put it in neutrel.

Yeah, and that means that it will happen to every Contour drive on earth. You post some of the most general things that have happened to YOU, and act as if it's gospil. So I've snapped probably 3 roll resistor bolts, does that mean it happens to everyone? Had the engine not blown in Weargle's car, I'm sure he'd be driving with the tranny as-is right now, and he'd be fine.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard