Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I went to the CAT cams web site and found very little information (none) other than the printed specs. They do say that they will answer questions so it would be best to actually try to find out what they have to say. If there would be a decrease in power at low rpm then you do not want taller gears. Remember that there will be an increase in power just by virtue of moving from a 2.5 to a 3.0.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Time to get some more info, thanks for your insight .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Stazi:
$1500 heads vs. no trans work or headers

Not quite Using the 3L heads you save on valves, plus we do all the hard work of matching the slip port intakes AND a full pnp not half azzing it and just getting the intakes to match up. In the end its a bolt up process and around $1100-1200.

Also as FYI on every set I have sold even low milieage units with less then 10k miles on them we have found numerous guides cracked/worn out of spec, and seats improperly seated!!

I always trusted they were bullet proof and didn't wear but I'm starting to think differently.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Thanks Kinger. That's the reason why I went with his heads. Now if the daggone Ford dealership had head bolts and gaskets, they'd be installed now.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by weargle:
Thanks Kinger. That's the reason why I went with his heads. Now if the daggone Ford dealership had head bolts and gaskets, they'd be installed now.

Yea because they should keep a stock of parts that are rarely needed. Overhead is great.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by kinger:

Not quite Using the 3L heads you save on valves, plus we do all the hard work of matching the slip port intakes AND a full pnp not half azzing it and just getting the intakes to match up. In the end its a bolt up process and around $1100-1200.

Also as FYI on every set I have sold even low milieage units with less then 10k miles on them we have found numerous guides cracked/worn out of spec, and seats improperly seated!!

I always trusted they were bullet proof and didn't wear but I'm starting to think differently.

Jesse - not knocking your work at all - my knock was at weargle who went to the trouble getting PNP heads from you and then decides to run the stock POS precats on them. IMO that's just oxymoronic.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K

Jesse - not knocking your work at all - my knock was at weargle who went to the trouble getting PNP heads from you and then decides to run the stock POS precats on them. IMO that's just oxymoronic.

I know chief just correcting the price, I'm trying to get it as low as I can for you guys. The 2.5L heads are still $1500 though.

Even though wes was going to start with pre-cats its no so stupid to do that then someday add the headers. Obviously smarter then trying to add pnp heads down the road.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Even though wes was going to start with pre-cats its no so stupid to do that then someday add the headers. Obviously smarter then trying to add pnp heads down the road.

This is true!

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
He obviously hasn't done a set of headers on a Duratec while IN the car - it's a MAJOR PITA!

The ease of doing them NOW with the engine out - 15 minutes vs 4-5 hours is worth the $350 you spend on them now.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
The ease of doing them NOW with the engine out - 15 minutes vs 8-10 hours is worth the $350 you spend on them now.

/\
Fixed

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard