Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
what about a svt kit with only the 24 valve high output badge on it???

I think that is OK. You aren't calling is an SVT.

I hope that is OK, as I have those badges... I don't have an SVT kit. I was looking for some 24V/ DOHC badges to replace my jacked up LX ones, and ran across a High Output set, which someone on this site so kindly gave me.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
Ah, get yer panties untwisted about this one.
I had the joy of having to fix my 1999 SE V6 with a '98 SVT front clip. I had to swap all the sheet metal, rad support, etc. The thing was the same color, so I did not have to repaint anything. I am happy with how the SE skirts look with the SVT front bumper cover. It's a driver, and it's fast enough for me.

The purists will be angry with me, but after years of dealing with mullets with Cameros and Mustangs doing the exact same thing, I could care less.

On my SE, I used the SVT badges, as I used one fender off the SVT clip, and decided to just stick the other SVT badge on the other fender.

My thing is, I can't get 100% excited about a FWD car, no matter how hopped up it is. I think the SVT contours are killer, and don't disrespect their value, but I'd like to get ahold of a SHO taurus V8 and have some fun if I wasted my Contour bad enough.
Seeing as how that will never happen, I am content in restoring a 34 year old knuckle dragger type of car, my 1972 GTS Gran Torino, and being able to enjoy my 1999 V6 SE as a daily driver.

Bring back leaded gas! Bring back leaded gas! Aviation fuel is too expensive... 1972 GTS torino 351C CJ 4 speed, 1999 se Contour V6 ATX, 1992 Explorer H.O.S. 1979 F150 4x4 "the beast"
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Doesn't bother me a bit. I've seen fake radiators on air-cooled VWs and everything else. Mine is a Zetec powered Contour though and I don't want it to look like anything else. I already get too many tickets with my 4 banger, the last thing I need is a bigger engine. BTW all V engines are harder to service in front drive cars since it throws the rear bank of cylinders against the firewall.

'96 GL Contour Zetec I4 mtx
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
You could always go to a sign shop and have them make you some custom overlays in the same text style for the badging. How about WSVT for Wannabe SVT?

Oooh...better yet... FSVT. Fake SVT, but people could assume it meant Ford SVT.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
You could always go to a sign shop and have them make you some custom overlays in the same text style for the badging. How about WSVT for Wannabe SVT?

Or Focus SVT...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Fake SVT, but people could assume it meant Ford SVT.

ahem...since CSVT = Contour SVT...FSVT = Focus SVT. Cmon, Everbody knows that!

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by mean'tour:

Or Focus SVT...

eh, true.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard