Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1447317 11/29/05 06:27 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
That sucks BIG time. I would try to track him down to get some of my money back. You should of gotten a tracking number.

Good luck with what you do.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
#1447318 11/29/05 06:40 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I can feel your pain, but what does being a student have to do with it? I never understood the notion that all students had to be poor.

Mark

The time in my life where I had the most disposable income as a percentage of my total income was during my student years.

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
#1447319 11/29/05 06:47 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by joe:
I can feel your pain, but what does being a student have to do with it? I never understood the notion that all students had to be poor.

Mark

The time in my life where I had the most disposable income as a percentage of my total income was during my student years.

I like to think that I(as a full time student) am doing alright for myself also. I think people are too quick to lump all students into the "they must live in a 10'x10' dorm or in their parents basement and eating ramen noodles on their $5.50/hr salary." I wonder if my mortgage company will let me slide this month because I'm a student?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1447320 11/29/05 07:04 PM
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by jtour:
That sucks BIG time. I would try to track him down to get some of my money back. You should of gotten a tracking number.

Yea he was shipping it out on the monday, was gonna get me a tracking #, but ever since then, no call. No reply to my calls. Im gonna contact WU and see waht they can do, i also have a uncle lawyer, maybe he can do something.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1447321 11/29/05 07:08 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by jtour:

Yea he was shipping it out on the monday, was gonna get me a tracking #, but ever since then, no call. No reply to my calls. Im gonna contact WU and see waht they can do, i also have a uncle lawyer, maybe he can do something.

go 4 it. you have nothing to lose

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
#1447322 11/29/05 09:01 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Roughtly $2582 per class for me (during the school year, $2220 each if a summer course) ... before scholarship and loans ... 12 classes a year. I am a spoilt brat whose parents are covering most of tuition, though all other living expenses I handle myself. It's why I still live at home.

#1447323 11/29/05 09:59 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by joe:

Mark

I like to think that I(as a full time student) am doing alright for myself also. I think people are too quick to lump all students into the "they must live in a 10'x10' dorm or in their parents basement and eating ramen noodles on their $5.50/hr salary." I wonder if my mortgage company will let me slide this month because I'm a student?

Mark

Past experience, I suppose. I had to work my way through school. I survived for two years on 10 for $1 burritos from the Piggly Wiggly. My tuition & housing was all coming out of pocket because of a perpetual paperwork snafu at the financial aid office. That big-time sucked, I gotta tell ya.

I worked full time & went to school full time until I burned out & dropped out. That was in 1983. In February of 2002 (when my daughter applied to the school & I decided to ask some questions about my old financial records), I got a letter from the school telling me things have been worked out, & they are very sorry for the inconvenience. "Please update your financial status for future student financial aid consideration." Thanks for f'in nuttin'!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1447324 11/29/05 09:59 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
if he's from the US then i dont think there will be much that can be done, from your end. if you can find out his real address then perhaps his local police can help.

did this guy even have a CEG profile/name?? if so, what is it?

this is the #1 reason why i dont put my email address or my phone # in these classified ads. there are too many scammers lurking around the net, in many forums, looking to nail someone. i prefer to get scammed in person i only do ceg business via PM, unless i know the person. through pm and checking his activity, i can tell if he is active or barely on here. if buying something from him, he had better be active and someone ive seen on here before. and even then, its a bit of a gamble, unless theyre well known and respected--like Stazi...yeah right and if theyre not, ask them for references from someone who is. most likely, if theyre active then someone well known will be able to vouch for them.

just my 2centavos. good luck man

if we cant have a Classifieds mod or a stickied feedback forum/thread then maybe we should post some buyer/seller guides to safe transactions. this bullshik seems to happen way to often around here.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1447325 11/29/05 10:28 PM
T
Tourige Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
UPDATE: Ok so today i gave him 2 more calls with no anwser, pretty much setting my demise in stone, i got in my car and drove to school and on the way guess who calls.. turns out he didnt get my messages But he is going to the post office to get a reference #, he is telling me up to 8 weeks now.. i dunno im still a little from all this, last time i do buisness through the classifieds. What i think should happen is you cant post anything in the classifieds unless youve been here for a certain amount of time or if you have a certain amount of posts.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1447326 11/29/05 11:52 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Why the long wait??? Sounds to me like he's saying 8 weeks so you are out of your 30 day window of Western Union doing anything for you. Western Union is as good as cash, and you shouldn't have paid him until the bumpers were ready to ship. The guy is STILL hosing you, and giving you a little reassurance so you don't call the authorities...... yet.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard