Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I searched for AWD but found little so, sorry if this sounds like a total newbie question, but if cost is not really a factor:

Could the AWD drivetrain from an Escape be used? or is it not tough enough to withstand serious HP?

I saw where some had said the Escape rear axle might fit and you would get the 3.0l.

Any thoughts? Flames?

'98.5 SVT#5826 of 6535, Silver Frost-As fun to drive as my old MR2 and way more practical! Not as much fun to drive as my Turbo Rx7 was, but it starts every time!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTCJ:
I searched for AWD but found little so, sorry if this sounds like a total newbie question, but if cost is not really a factor:

Could the AWD drivetrain from an Escape be used? or is it not tough enough to withstand serious HP?

I saw where some had said the Escape rear axle might fit and you would get the 3.0l.

Any thoughts? Flames?

From what I have read here;

The jag x type awd system is the one that people are looking at, that and the 4x4 system from one of the limited production mondeo's.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
However to be honest I'd just do a simple 3L SVT swap with LSD and then pick a real car to make power with. This platform CAN NOT put any power down so any serious power is really just wasted effort.
Besides it's FWD and no FWD car ever drives the right wheels.

Oh yeah. Better brakes are a good idea and NOT just the fronts!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. With the money you're talking, you can get a properly built, non-turbo 3L workover, improve the suspension and brakes substantially, and maybe spend some money on a custom paint job and/or HIDs and have a more-or-less built-to-order daily driver sport sedan. Put your money into refinement and quality, not brute strength, because any joker can make a car go fast, but not everyone has the insight to make it sexy.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S

i thought the rears were kind of a waste to upgrade since they dont do much of the brake work.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
However to be honest I'd just do a simple 3L SVT swap with LSD and then pick a real car to make power with. This platform CAN NOT put any power down so any serious power is really just wasted effort.
Besides it's FWD and no FWD car ever drives the right wheels.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. With the money you're talking, you can get a properly built, non-turbo 3L workover, improve the suspension and brakes substantially, and maybe spend some money on a custom paint job and/or HIDs and have a more-or-less built-to-order daily driver sport sedan. Put your money into refinement and quality, not brute strength, because any joker can make a car go fast, but not everyone has the insight to make it sexy.

I completely agree with you, and I was thinking along those lines, especially considering the CSVT isn't what you would call an impressive build platform anyways.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

From my experience I canâ??t think of any good reason not to give the name of this company you sold â??? in fact the exact opposite is true, plenty of good reasons to talk about it, but Iâ??m not going to pursue it.

Other than the fact that it is none of OUR business you mean?

I don't think it is right that we pick people apart only because of their age and claims. I'm not even going to think about it anymore because he only said...I have lot of money. Although you are speaking polite, your suspicion shows through and in the end it looks less than polite to dig into it.
It also isn't worth it because it makes us look like haters if we worry about someone elses wealth...alleged or otherwise.

It's like religion and politics...than have no place in any discussion outside religion and politics.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by warmonger:

From my experience I canâ??t think of any good reason not to give the name of this company you sold â??? in fact the exact opposite is true, plenty of good reasons to talk about it, but Iâ??m not going to pursue it.

I don't think it is right that we pick people apart only because of their age and claims. I'm not even going to think about it anymore because he only said...I have lot of money. Although you are speaking polite, your suspicion shows through and in the end it looks less than polite to dig into it.
It also isn't worth it because it makes us look like haters if we worry about someone elses wealth...alleged or otherwise.

It's like religion and politics...than have no place in any discussion outside religion and politics.

Maybe so Warmonger, maybe so. On the other hand, CEG is a community and individual credibility is a vital part of that.

This young man did offer a whole lot more details about himself than just what was in the title to his post â??? without any particular prompting. Borderline bragging.

Wellâ?¦ tall claims require solid proof - upon demand.

As it happens, Ryan handled himself well here and when compelled did provide sufficient verification of his claims to satisfy me at least. I think he has acquired a level of personal credibility here that he would not have had if I hadnâ??t pushed him a little.

I mean honestly, whom else reading this post was not thinking the exact same thing I was? Drawing him out a little was more a useful exercise for him than for anyone else.

I think he probably learned a little bit about how (and how not) to present his remarkably good fortunes to others. An easy lesson in a safe forum â??? no downside to it really.

Warmonger, itâ??s hard for me to see â??haters worrying about some elseâ??s wealthâ? in anything that was posted here, but thatâ??s just me.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by warmonger:

Maybe so Warmonger, maybe so. On the other hand, CEG is a community and individual credibility is a vital part of that.

This young man did offer a whole lot more details about himself than just what was in the title to his post â??? without any particular prompting. Borderline bragging.

Wellâ?¦ tall claims require solid proof - upon demand.

As it happens, Ryan handled himself well here and when compelled did provide sufficient verification of his claims to satisfy me at least. I think he has acquired a level of personal credibility here that he would not have had if I hadnâ??t pushed him a little.

I mean honestly, whom else reading this post was not thinking the exact same thing I was? Drawing him out a little was more a useful exercise for him than for anyone else.

I think he probably learned a little bit about how (and how not) to present his remarkably good fortunes to others. An easy lesson in a safe forum â??? no downside to it really.

Warmonger, itâ??s hard for me to see â??haters worrying about some elseâ??s wealthâ? in anything that was posted here, but thatâ??s just me.

I know that a lot of what happened here was prompted by my initial post...which I wish I could change at this point. The simple fact was, I was very excited when I got off the phone and onto the boards, and I was looking forward to planning out the mods to my vehicle..and I was trying to excite others; I just did it in a way that came off as arrogant to some.

Having said that, I agree with both of you partially. In order to lend credibility to what I was saying, Jed needed a little verifiable substance. On the other hand it was not really anyones business. What it boils down to for me is this: I am proud of my accomplishments, and on the same hand I know they are not mine alone. As I said before, I give it to god, I was not alone in being led to where I am today, and by that criteria, my success is not mine to keep private. With that thought in mind, I decided to share the address of some web design work I have done, because I was asked to, and although the request was somewhat provacative; I understood why it was and detected no malice.

In addition to all of that, I appreciate people who can conversate with me in an adult and intelligent manner instead of just mudslinging, and in that kind of a forum I have no problem being open. I'm a very open person...it has been said to me my whole life that there isn't a stranger to me in the world

Having said all that, I appreciate everyones input and obvious interest in my situation. Like I said in my post originally..thanks in advance for your time

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I fear that I came in here pretty strong and have made a name for myself here, I only hope it's a good one

Having said that, theres been a lot of interest in the things I have done, and a lot of discussion (and a few PM's to me) involving the how and why of what I ahve done. I was thinking of starting a thread just explaining a little about me, and a few tips (born of my limited experience) on being successful in business. Do ya'll think thats a good idea? I have kind of wanted to share my story...I guess you could say it's born of pride, and in a way I would agree. But I also have a lot to share about life, faith, and family that I think could be inspiring.

Let me know if you guys think it's a good idea, or would just look like me bragging or being an idiot speaking out of his ass =)

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Nkosi:
I fear that I came in here pretty strong and have made a name for myself here, I only hope it's a good one

Having said that, theres been a lot of interest in the things I have done, and a lot of discussion (and a few PM's to me) involving the how and why of what I ahve done. I was thinking of starting a thread just explaining a little about me, and a few tips (born of my limited experience) on being successful in business. Do ya'll think thats a good idea? I have kind of wanted to share my story...I guess you could say it's born of pride, and in a way I would agree. But I also have a lot to share about life, faith, and family that I think could be inspiring.

Let me know if you guys think it's a good idea, or would just look like me bragging or being an idiot speaking out of his ass =)

Wellâ?¦ maybe best to stick with cars for a while.

Then again, we do have the â??Common Interestsâ? forum and people post the darndest things in there. So have at it!

Iâ??ll read your posts Nkosi. Reading your stuff is not too hard on my calcifying brain. None of the â??OMFG LOLROTG YOU SUCK HAHAHAHAHAâ? nonsense. Your ability to express yourself is very good.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard