Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Nkosi:

All things aside, I am extremely grateful for where I am today, and I give it to god.

"your god is not here today preacher" - exorcist the beginning

Dont sell yourself short of your own accomplishments. GOD wasnt there whispering in your ear what to do next.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Pudmunkie:

I don't know your religious orientation/beliefs, and I won't ask.. that isn't the purpose of this thread.

I will say this: Regardless of God being there to "whisper" in his ear or not. God's wisdom, and love enables us to persue our own paths in life. his protection, when we ask for it, saves use from more than the ill-times car wreck, etc. Often, it saves us from ourselves.

He didn't have to be whispering to help, or be completely responsible for, this young man's success.

If you don't agree, we can PM, or make another thread. You've said your piece, and I have said mine.. back to the topic.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
It wasn't a large web design firm. Basically it went like this; my mother was a consultant for small business startups, and she was very good. From a young age I was interested in computers...programming (read; hacking) and all that stuff. I thought it would be cool to know about it. I started doing websites, and my mother would feed me clients, being that she dealt with marketing strategizing for all sorts of small businesses that had no web sites yet. It was quite the hookup.
I developed a friend in high school that was nothing short of a prodigy as far as web layouts and graphic design goes. I started contracting him for all the graphic design while handling the marketing, sales, and code development myself. Long story short, I ended up selling the company, and in the interest of keeping things private I'm not going to divulge a whole lot more than that, my friend Derek (the graphics designer) is still using the firm as a reference for getting into college, and I don't want to bring any undue attention to that. From the sell I got enough money to start my portfolio, buy my CSVT, and a few other toys as well as a nice vacation to the bahamas =). I lucked into the job I have now, but I always knew my penchant for [censored] and my slick mouth would get me somewhere

All things aside, I am extremely grateful for where I am today, and I give it to god.

Be that as it may, I do want to have a little fun with my money, and I love my CSVT =) thanks for all of your interest.

Not a bad answer, polite and plausible but with absolutely no independently verifiable facts. From my experience I canâ??t think of any good reason not to give the name of this company you sold â??? in fact the exact opposite is true, plenty of good reasons to talk about it, but Iâ??m not going to pursue it.

One thing we see a lot of here is that young men your age can be loose with the facts. Downright creative to tell the truth. Mostly it does no harm, but occasionally people will call them on it when they stray too far from standard reality. Kind of a public service â??? and I am not saying this is the case here.

I think you are probably a wonderfully affable, intelligent and enthusiastic young man in person and I welcome you to CEG.

Something to keep in mind is that anything you post that has the words â??I have a lot of moneyâ? (or similar) in the title is going to look pretty damn arrogant â??? even if true. For the most part this will be the case throughout your life. Tone it down some. Seriously. Most people your age (and a hell of a lot older) don't â??have a lot of moneyâ? and donâ??t want the fact shoved in their face via a comparison (intentionally or not). There is nothing wrong with being wealthy - just have some empathy with those who arenâ??t. Waving around a "I have a lot of money" sign just looks foolish.

One interesting thing about your SAT scoreâ?¦ Just incidentally a piece of information one hell of a lot more private than the name of some web design company! I am going to offer you some advice that, if taken, could really open some doors for you. Mensa. If you have not been contacted, then do some research. Itâ??s been awhile for me, so I am not sure exactly how the new SAT scores are mapped â??? but, if true, yours indicate a real potential to pass the IQ testing. Same advice as with money - donâ??t advertise it.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 11/28/05 01:33 AM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by feeling better Ray:
Pudmunkie:

I don't know your religious orientation/beliefs, and I won't ask.. that isn't the purpose of this thread.

I will say this: Regardless of God being there to "whisper" in his ear or not. God's wisdom, and love enables us to persue our own paths in life. his protection, when we ask for it, saves use from more than the ill-times car wreck, etc. Often, it saves us from ourselves.

He didn't have to be whispering to help, or be completely responsible for, this young man's success.

If you don't agree, we can PM, or make another thread. You've said your piece, and I have said mine.. back to the topic.

Alright Ray my mang

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
If you would like to see some of my web design work, you can visit www.exploredreams.com, if you try to contact me through there be sure and use my name-Ryan-as all the mail goes directly to Derek right now.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
when i was an undergrad i had to take an MIS (management info systems). we were put into groups to do a research project. luckily, i got the one guy in the class, Courtney, who was an expert. he was the IT manager at Prudential. he worked so much we often had to go to his office late at night to do our project while he was working. there was some young kid there that worked with him. he helped us a lot with our project. the kids mom called him to ask him when he was coming home from work. Courtney said the kid just turned 18 and was hired by Prudential. his girlfriend was still in high school and he was taking her to the prom. he said the kid was some kind of networking genius and had been doing networking since he was 14, including some government work (whatever that means). he said the kid just went out and bought himself a cleeean used twin-turbo 300zx. anywho, Courntey said the kid makes more than him, and he mentioned before that his salary was in the $80ks. he said was thinking they were having him train his own replacement. which i believed cause Courtney was kind of a jerk and acted like he owned the place.

long story short, young kid making tons of money.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
dude you are the man! do up some mods to the svtc and buy a 03-04 cobra thats what i would do... oh wait, i did he he he!

2003 Cobra - not stock... 496/525 rwhp/rwtq Kenne Bell here and waiting to go on... 2000 SVT Contour - Very stock...not for long
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Custom built 3L with an intercooled turbo.
An LSD (TorSen or Quaife)
Stage 3 or 4 axles with the forged hubs.

However to be honest I'd just do a simple 3L SVT swap with LSD and then pick a real car to make power with. This platform CAN NOT put any power down so any serious power is really just wasted effort.
Besides it's FWD and no FWD car ever drives the right wheels.

Oh yeah. Better brakes are a good idea and NOT just the fronts!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
If you would like to see some of my web design work, you can visit www.exploredreams.com, if you try to contact me through there be sure and use my name-Ryan-as all the mail goes directly to Derek right now.

Good for you Ryan! I did think their would be substance behind the talk with you!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
know what? yall are absolutely right, I did not mean to come off as arrogant or any such thing, I had just gotten off the phone with my father who told me he would send my CSVT back up to me, and I was excited to plan out some mods. I'm going to change it if the forum-gods will let me =)

UPDATE: Bout changing the title....no luck, guess I waited to long =\

Last edited by Nkosi; 11/28/05 08:10 AM.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard