Originally posted by Nkosi:
I respect all you have to say, and I am afraid I have not made myself clear.

I know full well that blowing a bunch of money on a car is generally accepted by people as a young person's way of ruining their future, ect ect. Right now I drive a '94 Corolla with one hubcap missing, and the paint chipping off the bumper. Don't get me wrong, its a fine car and very reliable, but at the place I am right now in my life, I'd rather be driving my CSVT. I already own the CSVT, it is in Florida with my dad, I didn't bring it out here to Texas with me originally becasue I didn't have the income potential I needed to make it work. What I would really like to do is buy a new '06 Z06, and it's not out of my price range. But because I am more responsible with my money, I am not going to do that.

As far as what I sell, I glossed over it a little earlier. Essentially what I sell is credit card processing services to startup online retailers through JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I have an extremely aggressive portfolio in options that I began with the first $20,000 I made, and I add another $5k to it every month, in four years I am looking at near $600,000 (of course being that I am a young man with no family or poroperty a fair portion of my portfolio includes high-risk investments).

As far as college goes: I have an associates at the moment. I got it via dual enrollment in high school, and community college classes after coming home from the military academy I attended. I got a 1540 on my SAT, I can get a full ride to near any school that I choose when I feel its time. Nothing lasts forever, and I know this job wont. You asked about a 401k, my company does a modified 401k program, basically they match every dollar I put into the account and it's vested at 25% over four years. and yes, I put as much as I can each month into my account.

Like I said, I appreciate all your advice, and it's very similar to my financial advisor's advice (whom I hired when I sold my web design firm), the point I'm trying to get across here it that for me to put $10,000 into a car I already own at this point is a prudent use of my money. Although I will admit I am still thinking about buying an '04 Cobra.

Jezuz! OK, in that case start right off with a professionally installed turbocharger system. There's only one worth a damn for Contours. The forced induction forum is your friend.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles