Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by svt4stv:
how come all the guys with boatloads of disposable cash live in Florida??

Heh, I actually live in Denton Texas now (I need to change that ), and it's not like I just have cash sitting around. I busted my ass ever since I was in high school trying to get myself into a good place. Now I am 18, with a job in sales making a six figure income, and I am happy with just rewarding myself a lil. I don't want to go and drop a whole bunch of cash on a new ride, I'd rather live below my means of income and invest most of it, buy a house in a few years.
Thanks for all yall's suggestions so far.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Nkosi:
Heh, I actually live in Denton Texas now (I need to change that ), and it's not like I just have cash sitting around. I busted my ass ever since I was in high school trying to get myself into a good place. Now I am 18, with a job in sales making a six figure income, and I am happy with just rewarding myself a lil. I don't want to go and drop a whole bunch of cash on a new ride, I'd rather live below my means of income and invest most of it, buy a house in a few years.

This is a waste of time post I know but here it goesâ?¦.

At 18 years old, the worst thing you can do is throw money and time away on a car. But since you are going to do just that, take Warmongers advice, buy his race-car (if you must) and get this out of your system long enough to put some important things in place.

You better tell us what youâ??re selling to pull in a â??six figure incomeâ? at 18 years old. My guess is that it's a â??projectedâ? six figure income based on a couple of good paychecks. Work on making this a lifetime situation by not neglecting your education.

Make sure you get some college behind you. Are your parents well off? Can they send you full time to college? Can you get scholarships? TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF THAT! Even just night school a couple of days a week is good. Pull that income for a year or so, save as much of it as you can and then get yourself into a full-time college. Just donâ??t wait too long.

This following is excellent advice: Cars are completely over-rated as a turn on for women. Real estate is natureâ??s aphrodisiac. Believe it. I bought my first home while attending college full time for a BS in physics. Did it with money I had saved for college but didnâ??t need due to scholarships I earned. Living off-campus in your own single family home is an experience not to be missed â??? especially when all your classmates are living two or three deep in dorm rooms.

Hereâ??s some damn boring advice. Do you work for a company or are you self-employed? Are you contributing the maximum allowable amount to your retirement plans (401K, IRA)? At 18 none of that seems important I know, but now is when any money you can put in tax-free investments has an absolutely amazing payoff.

In terms of buying things, save for the house first before you start throwing money away on your car.

Once you have completed a college degree, own a home and have an aggressive investment plan in place then you can start bragging about how much disposable income you have â??? and start disposing of it!

Itâ??s not what youâ??re earning right now that really counts - it education and what you have in the bank and in hard assets (college degree, property, investments).

Always, always, ALWAYS in your future stands an older man that you better start taking care of now. SMART hard work pays off

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by guitarman19853:
hell, if i had the cash to pour into it i would so do a RWD conversion.

NO WAY.

All wheel drive conversion from the European Mondeos.

The older ones are available and though we don't know what it will take to make it work, it is probably the best option.

Not only that, the Jaguar has some parts that can be made to work and possibly the rear end from the ford escape.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Its like listening to the 11th commandment.. bravo.. well spoken, sir.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

This is a waste of time post I know but here it goesâ?¦.

At 18 years old, the worst thing you can do is throw money and time away on a car. But since you are going to do just that, take Warmongers advice, buy his race-car (if you must) and get this out of your system long enough to put some important things in place.

You better tell us what youâ??re selling to pull in a â??six figure incomeâ? at 18 years old. My guess is that it's a â??projectedâ? six figure income based on a couple of good paychecks. Work on making this a lifetime situation by not neglecting your education.

Make sure you get some college behind you. Are your parents well off? Can they send you full time to college? Can you get scholarships? TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF THAT! Even just night school a couple of days a week is good. Pull that income for a year or so, save as much of it as you can and then get yourself into a full-time college. Just donâ??t wait too long.

This following is excellent advice: Cars are completely over-rated as a turn on for women. Real estate is natureâ??s aphrodisiac. Believe it. I bought my first home while attending college full time for a BS in physics. Did it with money I had saved for college but didnâ??t need due to scholarships I earned. Living off-campus in your own single family home is an experience not to be missed â??? especially when all your classmates are living two or three deep in dorm rooms.

Hereâ??s some damn boring advice. Do you work for a company or are you self-employed? Are you contributing the maximum allowable amount to your retirement plans (401K, IRA)? At 18 none of that seems important I know, but now is when any money you can put in tax-free investments has an absolutely amazing payoff.

In terms of buying things, save for the house first before you start throwing money away on your car.

Once you have completed a college degree, own a home and have an aggressive investment plan in place then you can start bragging about how much disposable income you have â??? and start disposing of it!

Itâ??s not what youâ??re earning right now that really counts - it education and what you have in the bank and in hard assets (college degree, property, investments).

Always, always, ALWAYS in your future stands an older man that you better start taking care of now. SMART hard work pays off

I respect all you have to say, and I am afraid I have not made myself clear.

I know full well that blowing a bunch of money on a car is generally accepted by people as a young person's way of ruining their future, ect ect. Right now I drive a '94 Corolla with one hubcap missing, and the paint chipping off the bumper. Don't get me wrong, its a fine car and very reliable, but at the place I am right now in my life, I'd rather be driving my CSVT. I already own the CSVT, it is in Florida with my dad, I didn't bring it out here to Texas with me originally becasue I didn't have the income potential I needed to make it work. What I would really like to do is buy a new '06 Z06, and it's not out of my price range. But because I am more responsible with my money, I am not going to do that.

As far as what I sell, I glossed over it a little earlier. Essentially what I sell is credit card processing services to startup online retailers through JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I have an extremely aggressive portfolio in options that I began with the first $20,000 I made, and I add another $5k to it every month, in four years I am looking at near $600,000 (of course being that I am a young man with no family or poroperty a fair portion of my portfolio includes high-risk investments).

As far as college goes: I have an associates at the moment. I got it via dual enrollment in high school, and community college classes after coming home from the military academy I attended. I got a 1540 on my SAT, I can get a full ride to near any school that I choose when I feel its time. Nothing lasts forever, and I know this job wont. You asked about a 401k, my company does a modified 401k program, basically they match every dollar I put into the account and it's vested at 25% over four years. and yes, I put as much as I can each month into my account.

Like I said, I appreciate all your advice, and it's very similar to my financial advisor's advice (whom I hired when I sold my web design firm), the point I'm trying to get across here it that for me to put $10,000 into a car I already own at this point is a prudent use of my money. Although I will admit I am still thinking about buying an '04 Cobra.

Ryan '98 T-red CSVT Spec Stage 1 Clutch, Drop in filter. Got an open spot in the stable, Warmonger knows what is going to end up there...
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I respect all you have to say, and I am afraid I have not made myself clear.

I know full well that blowing a bunch of money on a car is generally accepted by people as a young person's way of ruining their future, ect ect. Right now I drive a '94 Corolla with one hubcap missing, and the paint chipping off the bumper. Don't get me wrong, its a fine car and very reliable, but at the place I am right now in my life, I'd rather be driving my CSVT. I already own the CSVT, it is in Florida with my dad, I didn't bring it out here to Texas with me originally becasue I didn't have the income potential I needed to make it work. What I would really like to do is buy a new '06 Z06, and it's not out of my price range. But because I am more responsible with my money, I am not going to do that.

As far as what I sell, I glossed over it a little earlier. Essentially what I sell is credit card processing services to startup online retailers through JP Morgan/Chase Bank. I have an extremely aggressive portfolio in options that I began with the first $20,000 I made, and I add another $5k to it every month, in four years I am looking at near $600,000 (of course being that I am a young man with no family or poroperty a fair portion of my portfolio includes high-risk investments).

As far as college goes: I have an associates at the moment. I got it via dual enrollment in high school, and community college classes after coming home from the military academy I attended. I got a 1540 on my SAT, I can get a full ride to near any school that I choose when I feel its time. Nothing lasts forever, and I know this job wont. You asked about a 401k, my company does a modified 401k program, basically they match every dollar I put into the account and it's vested at 25% over four years. and yes, I put as much as I can each month into my account.

Like I said, I appreciate all your advice, and it's very similar to my financial advisor's advice (whom I hired when I sold my web design firm), the point I'm trying to get across here it that for me to put $10,000 into a car I already own at this point is a prudent use of my money. Although I will admit I am still thinking about buying an '04 Cobra.

Jezuz! OK, in that case start right off with a professionally installed turbocharger system. There's only one worth a damn for Contours. The forced induction forum is your friend.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Like I said, I appreciate all your advice, and it's very similar to my financial advisor's advice (whom I hired when I sold my web design firm)

With the risk of straying slightly off topic, Everyone on CEG loves a juicy success story.

What did you call your web design firm before you sold it? Do the new owner(s) still use the same name?

It really sounds unbelievably cool to be able to do that at 18 or younger. When I was a teenager â??six figureâ? incomes (or the equivalent back then) were rare to say the least. A four figure income was more reasonable â??? and you had to work hard for that!

Computers have really leveled the earnings playing field for everyone â??? even age and experience are no longer barriers.

So please share with us a little about your web design firm. What was the name of it and what kinds of contracts did you work?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Where is SVT Prodigy... You two are like brothaz from a different motha

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
N
Nkosi Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
It wasn't a large web design firm. Basically it went like this; my mother was a consultant for small business startups, and she was very good. From a young age I was interested in computers...programming (read; hacking) and all that stuff. I thought it would be cool to know about it. I started doing websites, and my mother would feed me clients, being that she dealt with marketing strategizing for all sorts of small businesses that had no web sites yet. It was quite the hookup.
I developed a friend in high school that was nothing short of a prodigy as far as web layouts and graphic design goes. I started contracting him for all the graphic design while handling the marketing, sales, and code development myself. Long story short, I ended up selling the company, and in the interest of keeping things private I'm not going to divulge a whole lot more than that, my friend Derek (the graphics designer) is still using the firm as a reference for getting into college, and I don't want to bring any undue attention to that. From the sell I got enough money to start my portfolio, buy my CSVT, and a few other toys as well as a nice vacation to the bahamas =). I lucked into the job I have now, but I always knew my penchant for [censored] and my slick mouth would get me somewhere

All things aside, I am extremely grateful for where I am today, and I give it to god.

Be that as it may, I do want to have a little fun with my money, and I love my CSVT =) thanks for all of your interest.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
, :

All things aside, I am extremely grateful for where I am today, and I give it to god.

That is all u needed to say to have my respect.

Now go buy ur self a turbo kit and u will never be un happy with your car again!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard