Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by LittleFishie:
Originally posted by ouch:
This thread is worthless without pics

Have you seen Roger's camera!

Dude, where in the hell have you been I've got a Kodak 4.0 now, as well as the docking that makes pics! That "old" camera is in the Smithsonian, but I think Chad stole it to take pics of his new ride. Anyway, what so terrible about the cars AWD system Pete, it just came out Hector and I spoke for about 2 hours last night about these cars and came up with this, the MS6 isn't a competitor for the EVO/STi, rather a competitor for the BMW 330Xi and Legacy GT, both of those are geared more towards refinement rather than "take no prisoners" approach. That being said, I love all the above mentioned cars, its just that I haven't driven the EVO, yet, or any of the other rides. I'm sure theres going to be mods for the MS6, but when you look at the price of the MS6 compared to the BMW 330Xi, its hard not to seriously consider the MS6, although the Legacy GT is about the same price as the MS6, give or take a couple bucks. At that point it comes down to which car you like better and my money would be with the MS6 over the Legacy GT, but thats just me and no, I do like the Legacy GT. In closing I guess you could throw the Infiniti G35X in there too, but again, whats the price of admission for that compared to the MS6

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Doh! I must have missed that post...

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Not feelin running 11's with 1k in mod's maybe you frogot a 0 in there

That's what I was thinking! $1000 might get oyou a turbo-back exhaust and an intake for an EVO which sure as shiz won't get you even into the 12's!

The 06 EVO 9's are running close to 12's bone stock, and from what I've seen while the EVO 9 isn't a ton different than the EVO 8, it is responding MUCH better to basic mods than the EVO 7/8's did (tells me the tune is much better for the EVO 9's). 2k will get you knocking on 11's people, the car is that quick. 1k will get you into the 12's if you can drive, a BC alone will about do it.

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Anyway, what so terrible about the cars AWD system Pete, it just came out

It's not a f/t AWD system, it's a FWD car that puts a minor percentage of power to the real wheels on a part time basis when required.

Quote:

In closing I guess you could throw the Infiniti G35X in there too, but again, whats the price of admission for that compared to the MS6

The G35x is more $$$, the G35 coupe/sedan you can get for 30k if you deal well enough or the low 30's at least. I do like the looks of the MS6, and would like to drive it sometime soon.

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
The GT could end up quite a bit cheaper because the GT isn't limited production and Suby has been throwing incentives at them to keep the sales high. You can also find a slightly used one around. Of course if you really want to compare a GT to the MS6 a better comparison is the Spec B since it is also limited production and comes fully loaded.

A lot of automotive publications have mentioned the MS6 along with EVOs and STi but like it was mentioned before they are a totally different class. I loved the STi and EVO but couldn't commit to the harsh ride, immature look and high insurance premiums. I also think the MS6 does and doesn't directly compete with the 330xi and the G35x because they are more mainstream luxury cars rather then limited production performance models but they do offer similar performance for the money. (not to say people would not cross shop) The AWD system in the Mazda is a front biased system that needs slip in order to send power the rear wheels. Not a bad system but not ideal for high performance vehicles. (this really only makes itself known at high limits)

05 Legacy GT Turbo 5speed 99 SVT GRN/TAN (sold) 06 Ford Explorer EBv8
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I dunno man...Mazda may have created an answer to a question that nobody is currently asking.

Think about it. A $30,000 BMW 330Xi is going to have vinylesque seats, no radar cruise control and all kinds of "luxury" things that make a BMW a BMW missing or unavailable. To get a comparable BMW would be more money, simply because BMW is not a brand mentioned in the same sentence as Mazda; it resides in the class above. Alternatively, Mazda is not hardcore enough to go against class brawlers such as the EVO IX and WRX STI (yes, it is a CAPITAL I this year). The Subaru Legacy GT-B is basically the only car almost directly squared off against the MS6. Hm...natch, another Japanese car is the only competition.

I think it's an awesome car, but it may not be around long because it sits smack dab in the middle of two different classes of vehicle.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I just did some research, the Spec-B is going for some serious coin!

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by cjbaldw:
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Not feelin running 11's with 1k in mod's maybe you frogot a 0 in there

That's what I was thinking! $1000 might get oyou a turbo-back exhaust and an intake for an EVO which sure as shiz won't get you even into the 12's!

The 06 EVO 9's are running close to 12's bone stock, and from what I've seen while the EVO 9 isn't a ton different than the EVO 8, it is responding MUCH better to basic mods than the EVO 7/8's did (tells me the tune is much better for the EVO 9's). 2k will get you knocking on 11's people, the car is that quick. 1k will get you into the 12's if you can drive, a BC alone will about do it.

11.5 at 119

Mods:272cams, tbe, mbc, 720cc, fuel pump, safc

About $2k in mods.

Last edited by LocoGSR; 11/27/05 08:54 AM.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by jtour:
Lucky dog!!!!!!!

My neighbor has the MS6 and it is nice ride. He bought his used. I would rather go with the EVO/STI. But still its a hot car.

How in the hell did he buy it used, it just came out

Dealer used the car. It had 10,000 miles on it!!

Someone's lying. US dealers are just now, this week, getting their very first MazdaSpeed6s. Aside from the test-mules (all of which are still used by Mazda out of Irvine, CA) there wasn't a MS6 on the entirety of North America until 3 weeks ago, when Canada got their first allocation.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard