I think a stock SVT is a good challenge for a stock GTP from a dig, but just like the SVT the GTP driver has to know how to launch. I put down 250 lb's of torque at the wheels with just exhaust mods (ok, and headers.. but that's exhaust ) and intake in 90* heat, unintercooled, and that car couldn't pull a sub 2.2 60' to save my life on the stock 225's. Now with my 245 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, at the right pressure, I could probably pull some 2.0 flat's even with close to 270 torque at the wheels on the mild pulley I have now. I only wish I had the hp as some of these turbo duratecs. I think my boat only puts down about 225-230fwhp with the 3.4" I've got and the right tuning from my air/fuel controller (AFC). Any turbo tour would spank that with ease.

As for topend, I would give it to the SVT everytime stock for stock Our GTP's run into a brick wall at about 60, that only valvetrain upgrades or lots of boost can cure, plus our 40mph lag really sucks (can't downshift on stock PCM at 40mph). Now as for a good cammed or intercooled GTP with the right pulley, that's a totally different story. I've got a 1.9" a/w intercooler going on pretty soon that should put me deep into the 13's with the right pulley and any kind of launch. You should bring that badass many-times done-over tour to Texas again some time, Tom, and we'll see how it does down at Ennis with the new concrete they laid down. Bring the VHT!

Edit: btw, your Evo is sick, Hector. I don't know why people hate on the Evo 8's.

Tim

'01 GTP: 3.3" pulley, Headers, 3" Exhaust, Straight Pipe, Intense Air to Water Intercooler.Pictures Old Ride: 95 Mystique LS V6 ATX: Pictures