cool info!

I knew a little about pad transfer but I never knew it was part of their design performance.

I actually saw the results of pad transfer on hot days in AZ. I started to take off from a stoplight and car wouldn't go anywhere. It was a 115F day and I'd been stop and go in the city all after noon. So I gave it some gas to get it to go and it let out a horrible clunk in the front end. I was next to a parking lot by the signal light so I pulled off and you could see the outline of the pad on the rotor where it had STUCK to it.! These were Original brakes and the car had about between 10-12K miles.
It did it one more time and I took it in. Can't remember but I think they did some stuff under warranty and I didn't have the issue again. I take pad bedding and break-in very seriously because of that and because of how many brake jobs can go bad if it isn't done right. When I did brake jobs I took it for about a 5 mile trip behind the dealership and did 25-5mph stops over and over again, at least 15-20 times, then took it on regular road and did some 45-0 stops. Took me about 30 extra minutes but at least there were no comebacks due to the brakes.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black