Yeah i was gonna say wasnt the VCT for 98 and up . Has a new water pump, on it now, soon to have a new battery, just waiting for the head kit to come in. Gonna put the head on torque it down and do a compression test to see if head is leaking. If its leaking then I know its a bunk head and needs to be replaced with a new one. Worst case scenario anyone know of anyone selling a 2.0 zetec head in good shape? I havent found a reasonable one yet so far a few but one wants 800 bucks for it and thats new, another place wants 189 and I think thats a bare head, may be the way to go, but not sure. Looking at different option, pistons look really good, oil is in the intake port thou, Im wondering if its a bad pcv causing that. No oil in the exhaust thou or signs of coolant either. Im alittle worried about the bottom end thou. Dont know how long the guy drove it with a bad head gasket/water pump. There was no coolant int he block only water, water wasnt even green tinted. Looks like the guy kept putting water in it to keep it from over heating. So maybe the bo0ttom end is ok, Im hoping it i. the oil is pretty nasty, not milky in color just like hershey syrup, which im assuming is from getting the engine hot. We think the bottom end is fine, engine turns over real easy with starter or by hand. Tryin to think of stuff off the top of my head. Wish I could tow it to the shop I work and and throw it in a bay and work on it there, so much easier then on the ground But the boss is ya know how that goes.found a wire broke, Which i believe is a coolant sensor wire or the temp sensor wire, Oh didnt they have a recall on the 96 contour for bad injector harness? If so Im gonna see if this car had it done if not gonna get that fixed may be part of the problem, didnt test the injectors to see if they are pulsing. Ill keep you all updated on what is going on with the contour and hopefully when the head goes on itll hold compression, then ill know the head is ok, be a sigh of relief on that part, then its putting the motor back together and seeing if everything was put back right.