Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
It's funny how every time some cool new plane comes out, invariably some little Asian or Mid-East country is the first to get one, and they always have the most decked-out cabins.

I guess air travel is more of a luxury for them, whereas most of us Americans expect to fly for the cost of a bus ticket.

'99 Contour Sport V6 MTX
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Either that or other countries' airlines are subsidized even more heavily by their governments than ours.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by gilroynewball:
the legendary Scott Crossfield gave a brief presentation on his contribution to aviation and aerospace (for those of you who don't know who Scott Crossfield is, which is, 99.8% of you, he flew the X-15, the first airplane to fly sub-orbital. Its technology was vital to the space program, and was one of the precursors to the Space Shuttle).

The 0.2% would point out that Scotty was the first person to fly twice the speed of sound, in the Douglas D-558-2 Skyrocket, and left NASA/NACA to be a development engineer on the X-15, flying the first test flights before North American handed the vehicles over to NASA. He's a great speaker and, unlike some of those guys, is happy to chat and sign autographs after his appearances (when I asked him to sign my copy of his book, "Always Another Dawn," his comment was, "So, did you like my book?")

Also, small point, but the first airplane to fly sub-orbital was built by the Wright brothers....

'00 SE...that's all
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by rearden:
It's funny how every time some cool new plane comes out, invariably some little Asian or Mid-East country is the first to get one, and they always have the most decked-out cabins.

I guess air travel is more of a luxury for them, whereas most of us Americans expect to fly for the cost of a bus ticket.

It wont be decked out..trust me..these airliners will slap as seats in every space they can cause they want to fit as much passengers as they could..

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by rearden:

It wont be decked out..trust me..these airliners will slap as seats in every space they can cause they want to fit as much passengers as they could..

Not Singapore Airlines. 480 PAX in a 3 class configuration as opposed to the suggested 555 PAX.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/press_release/NE_5605.jsp

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I'm surprised that thing could land!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I will see it to believe it...

I remember they advertised when the 747 came out how there were gonna be sofa's and etc..more like a lounge..well..look now..its very rare you see a decked out First Class..

Emirates A340-500

Emirates A340-500

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Yep, it looks like an airplane.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by MapOfTodiFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
I'm surprised that thing could land!

For most heavy airplanes (airliners from the regionals on up), you need to dump fuel, if you are able to. Remember JetBlue 292 in LA? The captain (aside from having that happen to him twice) had the plane flying around burning off fuel to become light enough to land.

If you were to take off and just do one lap around the pattern in a heavy airplane, your landing gear will easily collapse!

Looks like the respondders to this post are also "somewhat" smitten with aviation. Have you guys considered going for an introductory flight lesson? Go to www.beapilot.com to look for a flight school close to you, and print out the flight coupon. It'll allow you to get an introductory flight lesson at any of these schools for only $49! I forgot to print mine out, and I had to pay $200 for my first lesson.

BTW, it also helps to fly the cheapest plane in the fleet as well.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I will see it to believe it...
...well..look now..its very rare you see a decked out First Class..

How about a sleeper suite?
http://www.vacationidea.com/airlines/gallery/singapore_airlines_first_class_travel_Gallery7.html

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard