Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
3.5L 201hp?!?!?!?!

is it me or is that another underpowered engine?

G6 has those smae awesome characteristics as the CSVT did, lol.

It's got A LOT more pep and torque than the tour did, and I think it's faster, too. 6.8 0-60 is what most of the sites I've searchd say. And it does feel tha tin the butt meter, lol.

The engine is electroncally contorlled (drive by wire), which adds to the "ooomph". Oh, and I fugded on the torque, its 222tq (not 200)

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Congratulations Chad.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by CoopOfG6:
Amazing dash and the lighting and guages are fabulous... if your not on Acid.

Amazing isn't the word I would use for Pontiac cluster lighting. It has always been one of the things I disliked most about Pontiac - the clusters were just too "In Your Face!". Still, I can certainly see the appeal it has with younger buyers.

I also have to admit, I kinda like the lines on that car. Much better than what I've seen in the past from Pontiac. They even appear to have abandoned the oddly shaped wheel wells of that series of cars. Very clean compared to previous offerings & overall an appealing package. Nice choice!

The clunky, plastic, mechanical, 'Transformer' look of the past Pontiacs just made me sick to look at them. ( Insert puking smiley here )

I'm babbling (more than usual). Time for pain meds...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
What the hell.

You change cars more than I change socks. I thought you JUST picked up a BRAND NEW escape? So now you're paying for both?....

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
*somebody didn't reeeeeaaaaaad*

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
3.5L 201hp?!?!?!?!

is it me or is that another underpowered engine?

Ever priced a VQ35? I bet you this engine is half the price and offers plenty of power for this class. You have to step up to the 3.9L V6 for top line performance.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by CoopOfG6:
*somebody didn't reeeeeaaaaaad*

No I didnt bother, want to paraphrase?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I agree. WTF were they thinking when they put RED lighting on the interior? Studies show that red is the hardest color on your eyes. Like I really want to be staring at that on a nice long trip.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
The Mazda 3s I'm driving right now has an orange (almost red) and blue illumination, and it is rather cool. The thing is that is isn't very intense red light like the Pontiac. The gauge lighting can be adjusted with the dimmer, like normal. Then there is this extra button that adjusts it to three brightness levels, and the dimmer will adjust it seperately within those levels. I use the lowest brightness level and half dim. That way it looks mostly blue with orange numerals. Quite a nice effect.

If Pontiac would provide you with the button I have that adjusts between dim, medium and bright, and also lets you use the dimmer, red wouldn't be a problem.

BTW, nice car, I really like the way that thing looks. GM did a great job with the G6, both Coupe and Sedan, the refinement is above anything I've seen from GM for a long time in a non 50k car. I hope it gives you good service for as long as its yours, enjoy your new ride.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
YEah, I can dim it down to almost not exisant. It's just cranked up there on "high"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard