Originally posted by NothernMystique:
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Who cares if it can be done. The question is why? The Vortech unit is now reliable (again, dont know anyone with a new model that has failed) or can be made reliable by some one on the board

Or go Turbo and have traction problems...

I was actually thinking about the powerdyne SC. The "silent drive" with no oil requirements seemed attractive from a reliability and installation perspective. I have to search through CEG to determine if they are good blowers.

BTW-The upgrade kit for vortec is $2016, and you have to send in your blower for redesign of the drive shaft. I think there is a better price if you are the original owner. Any original owners out there who already sold their units??? If I get a massive discount for the upgrade, I'll split some savings with you

Do you have an older SC from Vortech? If so there is a much cheaper upgrade....

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turbo&Number=256308&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

With the Turbo, you get power sooner as boost build earlier. Which causes a bigger tracion problem then the SC does. The guys with Turbo's are making great dyno numbers, but nothing spectacular at the track. What good is the power if it can be put down. Demon's N/A 3L is very close to a Turbo. I cant recall an SC 1/4 time as most are sidelined. Did Rick ever get out to track?

I sold my Vortech off when I bought my G35c, and fianlly getting back to the 3L project. Maybe I'll find a used SC and get back at it......

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L