Originally posted by TGO:

ask Terry, he's the one that said no years ago when someone first came up with this hair brained idea!

And your point is?? Am I supposed to dignify this with a response??

Back on topic:

I didn't say I'D do it!! I just said the 3-4psi would go a long way.

Personally...I know better than to take OTHER peoples words on things anyway.

Why don't you search for the old pontiac sunbird (??) and see what a cam driven supercharger did for that car. Then tell me that a camshaft can't drive anything. Not only that, it used a cheap old style cam and not ones like ours that are lighter and stronger.

BTW, 4 psi was enough to push Wavrdr's SVT into the mid thirteens in the 1/4 mile!!
I already stated athat I was running a 3.8psi spring in my wastegate and 3 passengers on the way to atlanta and I whipped my buddy's Audi S4 with chip and exhaust. So ummm yeah. 4psi does a LOT for our engines.

Other than THAT, yeah I agree a 50 shot of nitrous is easier and really cool. However, the bottle does run out.
In a long run, I'd take a 4psi blower that is always on over a 50 shot kit....assuming the kit worked.

I think you'd have to agree though that using the cam to turn a dinky water pump is alot different than using it to spool up a supercharger. And what good is 3-4psi anyway? Get yourself a 50 shot and call it a day...and more productive at that. Cheaper too.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black