Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
If anyone really wants to be serious about their EGT's AEM has a 4 channel thermocouple amplifier with a serial output so you can log the temps with your PC.... and that would be the reason why my new headers have 4 bungs, one for each cylinder.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah but we have six cylinders.
Your engine is 33.3% deficient and I'd need two of those devices to make it work.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well obviously you'd need 2 of them :-P I'm sure you could find somewhere to put another 2 thermocouples.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Tom, the only plac eI se it worth measur on entire bank, is further down the header, maybe right before it merges with the header from the opposite bank. Right now I'm at the center of the collector of the rear three headers tubes. So it's reading silly high. If I move it further down it'll probably read lower and more realistic.

On my returnless setup, there is probably less chance of heaving one cylinder leaner than another due to a dead head setup in the fuel rail, but for return-style rails, I bet money that the last injector before the pressure reg is a smidge leaner than the first injector on the rail - this is because unless the FPR clamps shut under boost (thus creating a dead head) the allowed fuel flow out of the rail will cause the pressure at the last njector to be lower than the first - there' no way around that - otherwise you defy fluid dynamic ansd physics. I.e. you have to have a low and high pressure variation to cause the fuel to flow into the rail and out again.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well I know i am no expert at this but I mounted my EGT at the number one header the hotest cylinder and my highest recording was 850 C on wide open throttle with load. I never burnt a piston yet and I would think that you are really looking to just catch problems like fuel problems and tuning. If you have a injector go out you might not catch it but the odds of that is less. I mounted it an inch off the head works well seems to adjust quick to temp changes.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Stazi, well that makes sense when you explain it like that. But in my case the FPR diaphragm recieves positive boost pressure so it should be clamping it shut.

That also reminds me that injector pressure would be reduced by the boost pressure present in the intake.

I wonder if it balances out. The FPR keeps fuel pressure a rock steady 55psi without boost under WOT. If it adds 10psi boost to both the diaphragm and the intake system, does it balance out and still inject at 55psi?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
Stazi, well that makes sense when you explain it like that. But in my case the FPR diaphragm recieves positive boost pressure so it should be clamping it shut.

That also reminds me that injector pressure would be reduced by the boost pressure present in the intake.

I wonder if it balances out. The FPR keeps fuel pressure a rock steady 55psi without boost under WOT. If it adds 10psi boost to both the diaphragm and the intake system, does it balance out and still inject at 55psi?

Theoretically yes, assuming there is no pumping loss through the injector.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard