I always thought it was Good Lookin'. lol. But the Grandly Lame also fits in the case of my Zetec GL.

As far as I know,for '95-97 Contours,there were several trim levels,consisting of GL,LX and SE.

GL was the base model,LX being the more upscale model and the SE was the sporty model with the factory skirt & spoiler package,better bolstered seats etc.

In 1998,it changed. The GL model was dropped,being replaced by the SE & SE Sport models. The previously high end pre98 SE name gave way to becoming a spartan base model as the GL of previous years was. LX stayed the same,being the more upscale model with more options,and in 1998 the SVT was indtroduced with 195hp,later bumped up to 200 in the 1998.5 model year. Differences with the SVT are numerous,and too many to list.

For Mystiques,they came in GS,GS Sport and LS (possibly LS sport too,but I'm not 100& sure) trims. GS is like a GL,GS Sport is like a post98 SE Sport and LS is like an LX. There are no high performance Mystique models.

However,options vastly varied between 4 and 6 cylinder models.

My 1995 GL V6 has power windows,power locks,power mirrors,cruise,AC,block heater and lacks such ammentities as tilt steering,power seats,60/40 folding rear seats,premium sound system,traction control,ABS and alloy rims.

My 1995 GL 4 cyl has manual windows and locks,power mirrors,AC and cruise. It is truly a spartan base model compared to my V6. Both cars are identical in colour (body and interior,and both have the same steel wheels and same hubcaps),and the 4 cyl was built in September 1994,and the V6 was built in June 1995.

That's as much as I know about the trims. I think there's a little write up somewhere on the site about decontenting and whatnot,I think there's a link on the main page. Otherwise,I'm sure someone else can fill in any blanks I missed.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction