Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
You get what you pay for..

Take your $100 and hire someone else to walk out in the cold and start your car. for a month or two.. that's about as long as a $100 setup would last anyway.

seriously, though.

cheap stuff breaks, and causes (can) major wiring issues, and those are HARD to track down.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
my clifford av4 alarm has a manual remote start. its called intellistart. i dont know if it would be compatible with dei alarms since dei owns clifford now. but it uses a dei pats bypass (yes the hidden key method). the car has to be in neutral, ebrake on, press the key combo on the remote, now u remove the key, get out of car, arm the alarm and car car shuts down. the alarm now awaits the remote start command. hit the remote start and the engine starts and the alarm is still alarm active protecting the car. if the alarm is tripped or somehow put into gear the alarm wont respond to the remote start command u try to give it.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
thats flat out annoying!!!!!

Way to much nonsense....

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I have a compu-star system and it is really cool. It has a relay on the clutch switch, temporarily bypasses the PATs system so it will still work as normal when the alarm is off, and it has an ebrake switch. Basically it keeps the car running when you pull the key out and you have the e-brake up. Then you get out of the car and when all the doors are shut it shuts off and arms the remote start and alarm. Works perfectly. Also, the remote works from over a mile away. Definately not a cheap system though. It took about 6 hours for the installer to install it.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by You know who I beââ??¢:
thats flat out annoying!!!!!

Way to much nonsense....

I concur!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
why? its works and is very easy. i just laid out the steps but most are common sense. must be in neutral, ebrake must be on, etc. before i leave my car, i set the ac or heat to where i want it, click the command in the key fob, pull the keys out get out of the car and arm the car. car shuts off and alarm is active and awaiting me to tell the car to remote start the next time. very easy process. i can have it run for 10 min to 40 minutes. if u set off my alarm while its remote started the engine shuts off. very safe procedure

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard