Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
bench racing is all that really matters.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Number47:
if it even matter if i remember correctly the mustang only had 190 HP till `05 and the SVT or at least the 00 had 200

And the Mustang has 220 lb-ft of tq to the SVTs 165-170. It's also RWD. The question was stupid to begin with, and if anyone really cares, you can look up the tested times for a particular model pretty easily. Talking specs is pointless, because you can't possibly guess what it will run with that much accuracy.

I propose a ban on X vs. Y threads. It's just rediculous and it makes looking for real info in this forum a royal pain. I don't think there's any reason to have them, but if they MUST exist, I'd like to see them in CI.

Stupid Threads
X vs. Y threads are ghey, put up a sticky saying they're not allowed and lock them if they show up.
They're diverting, but unless they're about a modded Contour, they should go to CI.
They are better than talking about wheelhop, so let's keep them.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Hey, I tried to help you by telling you to delete it while you still have hope. If you really want to find out... Get into your contour and call up your buddy with the mustang, go to the track and race!

Stupid questions deserve stupi answers.

00 CSVT Black/Midnight Blue 2.5L DOHC Duratec V6, 200HP, MTX-75 MODs: K&N Filter, SVT ovals, Autometer gauges, PIAA 510's, Alpine S-type FE/Pioneer R, Pioneer Premier Series reciever #603 of 2150 92 Cavalier 1.8L I4 (Beater)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by rasmith:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Hey, I tried to help you by telling you to delete it while you still have hope. If you really want to find out... Get into your contour and call up your buddy with the mustang, go to the track and race!

Stupid questions deserve stupi answers.

Are you on crack?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
They certainly do NOT belong in CI... There is FAR too much clutter there as it is.

they should either be "allowed" or "not", in D&D.

My choice, personally, would be to not allow them.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Ray:

My choice, personally, would be to not allow them.

Could you please talk it up with the mods? Maybe not even specifically these X vs. Y threads: there are other topics that are pointless and recurrent as well. There is way too much garbage on this forum right now, and I have no problems with a huge, ugly CI section: people aren't going to stop being silly. But I'd like to see everything but CI get cleaned up. It's impossible to find information because it's mixed in with so much junk. If you look at threads in the archives, it's much nicer: ask a question, get an answer. We can't magically jump back there without a very strict crackdown that would alienate a lot of people and leave us tiny, but I'd like to see improvement before this site goes to hell: this seems like as good a place as any to take a stand and say I'm sick of this.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
mm...05 v6 didnt walk away from me

OK, but a straight Duratec?

nope its a crooked duratec

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

Could you please talk it up with the mods?

Your request, as well as this thread, have been forwarded to the rest of the mods for action. We'll see where it goes from here.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
mm...05 v6 didnt walk away from me

OK, but a straight Duratec?

nope its a crooked duratec

No, it's three sheets to the wind!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
o

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard