Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
It could be the fan switch, it was on both our Mystiques. Your resistor does look bad, try it first.

OP Offline
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
The recall still exists.

I went to the dealer with the car this afternoon and they told me there was no recall. I trust this dealership for many reason I will not bore you guys with. Anyway I gave them the # listed for the campaign and they told me there wasn't one. They ran my vin # and I actually looked at the computer screen as he did it. Nothing. I dunno. So I bought the resistor part and it will be here tomorrow. I got to go out of town for business so I can't fix it until Friday night/ Saturday morning. Hopefully this will do it, it looks like toast. Thanks for the help.

1990 Mustang GT: Coast High Performance 347 stroker and all the normal crap to go with it. 2000 Mercury Mystique FOR SALE: 1990 GT $2,700 see pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/m.byford@sbcglobal.net email: bubba-dough@sbcglobal.net
OP Offline
Changed the resistor and it is now fixed. Thanks guys.

1990 Mustang GT: Coast High Performance 347 stroker and all the normal crap to go with it. 2000 Mercury Mystique FOR SALE: 1990 GT $2,700 see pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/m.byford@sbcglobal.net email: bubba-dough@sbcglobal.net
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Glad you fixed it!

C
C
Did you replace the wiring assembly also or just the resistor? My blower motor is also working on high only too. When I pulled the resistor, there were scorch marks on the inside of the plug/connector.

Does anyone know what gauge wire the wiring assembly uses? What kind of connector would I use to splice the new wiring assembly in?

Thanks.

Last edited by contourdad; 11/08/05 02:10 AM.

1998 Contour SE, V-6, ATX, everything stock (70,000 miles on original ATX and water pump and counting)
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by contourdad:
Did you replace the wiring assembly also or just the resistor? My blower motor is also working on high only too. When I pulled the resistor, there were scorch marks on the inside of the plug/connector.

Does anyone know what gauge wire the wiring assembly uses? What kind of connector would I use to splice the new wiring assembly in?

Thanks.

The wiring kit comes with the splice connectors.
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
The recall still exists. I took my car to the Ford dealership like 2 months ago and got the recall done on the resistor pack and wiring. Of course the recall was done free of charge. I got a new resistor put in and they replaced part of the wiring. I got the part numbers for the two parts.

Resistor Assembly- 3M5Z-18591-BA

Wiring Kit- F5RZ-14A411-CA

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
H
H
Do you know the recall is vaid for 2000 ford contour se, 105K,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard