#1424238 11/01/05 02:08 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
What did the SHO's run

SHOs (MTX) are all over the board. A few factory freak (stone stock) have ran 14.7s. However, the majority run low 15s @ 91-93ish...

So pretty much what the CSVT's run, but with a bit more mph, but thats because of the hp/torque advantage, pretty good

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1424239 11/01/05 02:26 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
What did the SHO's run

SHOs (MTX) are all over the board. A few factory freak (stone stock) have ran 14.7s. However, the majority run low 15s @ 91-93ish...

So pretty much what the CSVT's run, but with a bit more mph, but thats because of the hp/torque advantage, pretty good

Bascially, but the HP/TQ is negatated by the extra ~400 the SHOs carry around than the CSVT. However, a SHO will rape a CSVT in a roll

Ryan Trollin!
#1424240 11/25/05 05:44 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
*Disclaimer* I know I am setting myself up for flamage, but I don't have access to a track right now. *Disclaimer*

With my pilot bearing going out, I decided that when I launch my car, I won't ride the clutch much. Therefore, I have to lauch from about 2000rpm and just about drop the clutch. I don't dump it completely, but I certainly don't feather the crap out of it.

I only did one run, and I used this style of launch. I managed a 15.2 on a G-Tech, but I know that certainly wouldn't be the case on a drag strip. Hell, a 2 grand launch would probably stall my car on a sticky track. Heh.

Anyways, I would like to think that with a repaired clutch/pilot bearing, my car would be able to hang atleast 15 flats with a good launch.

So, in conclusion, my G-Tech (however inaccurate you believe they are) said I ran a 15.2 at 94.3mph with a 0-60 of 6.71 seconds.

As soon as I get my car fixed, a few extra bucks, time off of work, and a clear schedule, I'll take my car to the track that is and hour and a half away. I'm really curious to see what this little thing will run.

1999 Tropic Green SVT - Rolled 1/24/06 She will be missed.
#1424241 11/25/05 05:47 AM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I've found the G-tech to be about 2-3 tenths fast, and about 6-8mph high. You'd probably be in the 15.4-15.5 range with an 87-89mph trap.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1424242 11/25/05 02:14 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Shawnb:
*Disclaimer* I know I am setting myself up for flamage, but I don't have access to a track right now. *Disclaimer*

With my pilot bearing going out, I decided that when I launch my car, I won't ride the clutch much. Therefore, I have to lauch from about 2000rpm and just about drop the clutch. I don't dump it completely, but I certainly don't feather the crap out of it.

I only did one run, and I used this style of launch. I managed a 15.2 on a G-Tech, but I know that certainly wouldn't be the case on a drag strip. Hell, a 2 grand launch would probably stall my car on a sticky track. Heh.

Anyways, I would like to think that with a repaired clutch/pilot bearing, my car would be able to hang atleast 15 flats with a good launch.

So, in conclusion, my G-Tech (however inaccurate you believe they are) said I ran a 15.2 at 94.3mph with a 0-60 of 6.71 seconds.

As soon as I get my car fixed, a few extra bucks, time off of work, and a clear schedule, I'll take my car to the track that is and hour and a half away. I'm really curious to see what this little thing will run.

Some people think the Gtech is worthless. I think it is worthless if a person doesn't do his setup correctly and do the test on level ground, etc. It has its uses if you use the same area all the time and you want to do multiple back to back runs and record things like temp and note the winds. Then when you make a modification then you do everything the same and at that point it becomes usefull.
It is OK for "ballpark" stats though if it were set up right though not for real quoted runs.

I wouldn't flame you for that.

Now I will flame you for stating you have a Pilot Bearing ??
Where did you get that...same place as the muffler bearing?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1424243 11/27/05 06:27 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:

Some people think the Gtech is worthless. I think it is worthless if a person doesn't do his setup correctly and do the test on level ground, etc. It has its uses if you use the same area all the time and you want to do multiple back to back runs and record things like temp and note the winds. Then when you make a modification then you do everything the same and at that point it becomes usefull.
It is OK for "ballpark" stats though if it were set up right though not for real quoted runs.

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml

Way to go, pal.

#1424244 11/27/05 06:36 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Ryan Trollin!
#1424245 11/27/05 06:46 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

[url=http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml]
http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

He asked what a [censored] pilot bearing was, I showed him.

Shut the [censored] up.

#1424246 11/27/05 07:19 AM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

]http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Shut the [censored] up.

No, he didn't ask what a pilot bearing was you inbred sperm chugger. He asked where you got off saying that YOU have a pilot bearing in YOUR Contour!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1424247 11/27/05 07:30 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

]http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Shut the [censored] up.

No, he didn't ask what a pilot bearing was you inbred sperm chugger. He asked where you got off saying that YOU have a pilot bearing in YOUR Contour!

Mark

Sorry, I'm new to the world of fag wheel drive. I bought this damned car as a daily driver, and I know that sounds/feelings that I'm experiencing with it are the same feelings/sounds that I heard my RX-7 making when the pilot bearing/clutch was wearing out.

I understand what the question was about now. I apologize for not knowing that fag wheel drive was so different from real wheel drive.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard