Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
#1422986 11/08/05 08:55 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Number47:
i like how it told about the what the marines really did during the gulf war, one and two, absolutly nothing. and for any of you are going to say "how would you know!" i was an E-5 in the US army and have 2 purple heart, i was discharged in early may of 05 and bought my SVT, trust me i know

So how's an Army sergeant know what it was like to be in the corps in that war at that time? Oh, and the two purple heart thing...Putting them out there on your chest as a sign that you "know" about a 15 year old war and other services in general is in poor taste. I thank you for your sacrifice and service and I am not in any way taking away from what you achieved. Hopefully you have all your arms and legs and eyes and can still walk.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1422987 11/08/05 08:58 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Desea vivo el Todras:
Originally posted by EternalOne:

Of course, soldiers hardly ever recognize it, because when the Marines come in its usually because the soldiers either a) just got their asses kicked, b) need an area softened up before they go in.

E1

Yeah, get an Army guy to admit to either of those!

OH!!! Gimme a [censored] break!

I too once was completely brain washed, but OEF and OIF1,2,3 have definitely changed my outlook on that one.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#1422988 11/08/05 09:11 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Desea vivo el Todras:
Originally posted by EternalOne:

Of course, soldiers hardly ever recognize it, because when the Marines come in its usually because the soldiers either a) just got their asses kicked, b) need an area softened up before they go in.

E1

Yeah, get an Army guy to admit to either of those!

OH!!! Gimme a [censored] break!

I too once was completely brain washed, but OEF and OIF1,2,3 have definitely changed my outlook on that one.

HEHEHE, looks like one bite :-P

We all know each service contributes to every world situation one way or another.

And Tom (Sir), you and I both know, that the Marine Corps still is and always will be America's 911 Force :-)

Now go practice popping up from behind mountains...

Wait a minute...OIF3? Is that what the current is being referred to as??

Last edited by Desea vivo el Todras; 11/08/05 09:17 PM.

Ryan Trollin!
#1422989 11/08/05 09:59 PM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
YOu guys are bickering like little girls over how to dress a barbie doll. Are you not on the same side?

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
#1422990 11/08/05 10:03 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Should be though I'm not positive. I was OIF2 on my rotation and I've read in Army times they had planned rotations several years out beyond that.
Oh, and the next time you wonder who's who in ground forces, look at who usually runs the theater commands, who the allied commanders have been, etc.
The army is also getting away from the heavy divisions and transitioning to lighter, more quickly deployable brigades. Think striker brigades and do some reading. Notice any similarities? In short, the Army and Marines are getting more similar all the time in some mission tyeps since the war on terror reared its ugly head.

#1422991 11/09/05 06:00 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Another thing is the Army is exhausting their supply of people to send over... So they came up with a great idea... send the Air Force/Navy to do the non-combat (and sometimes convoys, I would say those are sorta combat) stuff like maintain the bases.

I read about this stuff in the AF Times when I was in Kuwait. They were saying that the SF (cops, probly for the convoys and related stuff) and CE (DPW in the Army, like me) are going to be hit up by this. Obviously it's true b/c I did it, and the team that replaced us was some Navy Seabees.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1422992 11/09/05 01:04 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by warmonger:
Should be though I'm not positive. I was OIF2 on my rotation and I've read in Army times they had planned rotations several years out beyond that.
Oh, and the next time you wonder who's who in ground forces, look at who usually runs the theater commands, who the allied commanders have been, etc.
The army is also getting away from the heavy divisions and transitioning to lighter, more quickly deployable brigades. Think striker brigades and do some reading. Notice any similarities? In short, the Army and Marines are getting more similar all the time in some mission tyeps since the war on terror reared its ugly head.

Tom, Tom, Tom, you of all people know the Marine Corps does NOT have 4 star Generals to go around like the Army and Air Force does. C'mon!

Also, the Marine Corps isn't changing and most likely won't for any forseen future. They (the Army), along with the pressure from Rummy have realized that the Mairne Corps setup and ability to quickly deploy is where its at in today's war. Gone are the days of huge tank and air battles.

And if you have to 'think' that we are all the same time, then for whatever reasons you've forgotten all about the intra-service rivalary.

I still love anyways.

BTW, you didn't clarify the OIF1,2,3 thing....that lost me...

Ryan Trollin!
#1422993 11/10/05 01:00 AM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
i got my purple hearts recently(in the last 8 months(afghanistan)) and yes i did work with marines on FARPS we often helped fix eachothers helos but our(army) helicopters were flying 3 to 4 times as many sortires than the marines and we had twice as many choppers. i'm not saying the marines did absolutely nothing, all i'm saying is only a handful of marines did see combat only because the army was to busy. and yes we did often call the marines no it wasnt because we were getting our ass kick and no if wasnt because we need the target softened... well maybe the last one but only because we were streched so thin. i was and E-2 when i was in the gulf i just got done with AIT at Fort Eustis VA. and a quick side not to all you ass holes out there that think the military hasnt done [censored] in iraq you can suck my dick! we have built 100+ houseing areas public sanitaion facilities and several churches (moask) (SP?)

00 Contour SVT Black #557 of 2150 Fabricated Nov 24 1999 Currently unmoded
#1422994 11/10/05 01:03 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
mosque

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1422995 11/10/05 03:11 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Number47:
i got my purple hearts recently(in the last 8 months(afghanistan)) and yes i did work with marines on FARPS we often helped fix eachothers helos but our(army) helicopters were flying 3 to 4 times as many sortires than the marines and we had twice as many choppers. i'm not saying the marines did absolutely nothing, all i'm saying is only a handful of marines did see combat only because the army was to busy. and yes we did often call the marines no it wasnt because we were getting our ass kick and no if wasnt because we need the target softened... well maybe the last one but only because we were streched so thin. i was and E-2 when i was in the gulf i just got done with AIT at Fort Eustis VA. and a quick side not to all you ass holes out there that think the military hasnt done [censored] in iraq you can suck my dick! we have built 100+ houseing areas public sanitaion facilities and several churches (moask) (SP?)

First, take some damned pride in yourself. Its Army, not army. Its Marine, not marine.

Second, of course you have more helos (duh), the Marine Corps typical size is/was ~187k. I don't konw the Army's specific sizing, but I know its well over twice of that.

If your head is buried that far up your ass that you think the Army kicked Iraq's ass all by itself, then you need a wake up call, or go Active Duty.

In todays battle scheme, no one service can do without the other for any extended period of time and be successful. PERIOD.

Carry on.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard