Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
#1422926 10/29/05 04:50 AM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Kane

Your post needs More Stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

509th Bomb Wing Air Combat Command

#1422927 10/29/05 06:02 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
Kane

Your post needs More Stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

509th Bomb Wing Air Combat Command

I know! I got kinda screwed out of BTZ (well, not really, but)... so I get another around springtime.

I'm in a small unit, but we had a large number of people go up for BTZ when I did... so instead of a few people going up, I went against 15 or so people. Then they usually choose 1 person that's deployed, 1 that's at home station...

So then 4 of the nominees were deployed with me... so of us, they took the one with the most community service, which was a utilities guy that had 4 more months than I did since their tech school is 4 months shorter than mine.

But I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, even though he wasn't the greatest at his job, he obviously had the most desire to help people since he did a ton of community service... which is what the BTZ thing is all about.

Now I probly just confuzed a bunch of people... Muhaha!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1422928 10/29/05 09:44 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

The F-22 isn't operatonal yet, so I don't consider that one in the discussion :-P.

Talk to some of the test pilots on that program, oh, sorry most of them were killed flight testing the POS. It had a horrible safety record before it ever saw service. Too many single point failures that result in loss of control. My friend did the sounds for the flight sim for it www.simphonics.com and it's nickname is the "twin-rotor marine mauler". I'll fly about anything and I wouldn't touch that thing.

Jim

Last edited by jthursby; 10/29/05 09:50 PM.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1422929 10/30/05 09:11 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by jthursby:

The F-22 isn't operatonal yet, so I don't consider that one in the discussion :-P.

Talk to some of the test pilots on that program, oh, sorry most of them were killed flight testing the POS.
it's nickname is the "twin-rotor marine mauler". I'll fly about anything and I wouldn't touch that thing.

Do you not read, or are you just so much of a wannabe that you can't even tell a Raptor from an Osprey? And oooh, you have a friend who worked on a flight sim, so that makes you more in the know than me, who's talked to the program director while standing inside one of the airframes? Nice try.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1422930 10/31/05 12:36 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

Talk to some of the test pilots on that program, oh, sorry most of them were killed flight testing the POS.
it's nickname is the "twin-rotor marine mauler". I'll fly about anything and I wouldn't touch that thing.

Do you not read, or are you just so much of a wannabe that you can't even tell a Raptor from an Osprey? And oooh, you have a friend who worked on a flight sim, so that makes you more in the know than me, who's talked to the program director while standing inside one of the airframes? Nice try.

Wasn't trying anything. It's a POS but the Marines love it because it's fast. It will kill Marines fast too. I've got logged (read signed in my logbook)C5A Galaxy sim time. What's that mean about my knowledge of a C5A? Jack shizit. Wannabe that azzhole.

Jim

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1422931 10/31/05 01:07 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Wasn't trying anything. It's a POS but the Marines love it because it's fast. It will kill Marines fast too. I've got logged (read signed in my logbook)C5A Galaxy sim time. What's that mean about my knowledge of a C5A? Jack shizit. Wannabe that azzhole.

Jim

Before you add your worthless .02, read my posts more carefully in discussion the OV-22....

Ryan Trollin!
#1422932 10/31/05 03:27 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Jim

Before you add your worthless .02, read my posts more carefully in discussion the OV-22....

Yep, despite the fact that I think jthursby is very confused on the difference between a jet and tilt rotor, let's still consider the very obvious fact that the Marines have put it into full production. I'm sure they did so without care or caution of what that could mean for the grunts riding it.

Obviously there are going to be alot of reservations about this airplane, as I said earlier, it's an entirely new type of aircraft, and MUCH testing (testing=failures, no way around it) has had to go into developing it. But due to the simple nature of TESTING, the plane has become a stout pig in the skies, or the Marines wouldn't be trusting their own in it. C'mon at least try and have some faith in the decisions of the higher-ups, even if this plane had some rocky starts, which is inevitable in this situation.

EDIT: Some good info from a website mostly composed of the guys that actually do the flying out there, might want to give it a search or two and read up. If these guys (the pilots OF the Osprey) are pretty confident in the machine, I'll trust it. AirWarriors

Last edited by PlatoSVT; 10/31/05 03:38 AM.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
#1422933 10/31/05 04:11 AM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S

Jim

Yippie The C5 is soooo COOL!!!!!

Fly some of the Jersey Sims!!!! Don't know what im talking about Hmmm Sucks to be you!

#1422934 10/31/05 03:02 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Obviously there are going to be alot of reservations about this airplane, as I said earlier, it's an entirely new type of aircraft, and MUCH testing (testing=failures, no way around it) has had to go into developing it. But due to the simple nature of TESTING, the plane has become a stout pig in the skies, or the Marines wouldn't be trusting their own in it. C'mon at least try and have some faith in the decisions of the higher-ups, even if this plane had some rocky starts, which is inevitable in this situation.

The biggest stink around the Osprey isn't even in the airframe, but in the program management. Some no-load supervisors who didn't want to look bad when the most advanced VTOL aircraft design in decades started to fall behind in development milestones were making stuff up instead of owning up to problems that *were fixable* with the appropriate attention. That's what killed Marines...the desire not to look bad on the books.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1422935 10/31/05 03:22 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
so umm... what does everyone think about that Jarhead movie?

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard