#1422886 10/28/05 03:27 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Grunts are the ones who see the wars firsthand; I would always like to hear their opinions on these types of issues. I read about 1/2 the book on my way home from Djibout two years ago, then just forgot about it.

I'd love for you to finish it and give your take on it. I thought he came across as an incredibly whiny and confused person, at least for a Marine.

I'll probably pick it back up after I watch the movie.

Originally posted by Davo:
Top Gun is a Navy school....

But it was true, right?

Yes, and the MiG-28 is a badass plane!

I've been in a Mig-28

Oh no sorry that was a T-38 becuase tehre sooo Diff.. LOL

and [censored] broken arrow that was just nonsense....

The coolest AF type movie was Iron Eagle... There can't be any AF type movies becuase we are extremly efficent and End the [censored] quick!!!!!!!!

Unlike the army/navy/marines.

#1422887 10/28/05 03:38 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:

The coolest AF type movie was Iron Eagle... There can't be any AF type movies becuase we are extremly efficent and End the [censored] quick!!!!!!!!

Unlike the army/navy/marines.

The Navy and Marines have plenty of their own Airpower as well, so don't get too cocky simply because your military specialization is in the air! You chair force guys are all the same!

Unlike the army/navy/Marines.

Fixed for accuracy.

And there can't be any air force movies because no one wants to watch a bunch of guys go through flight procedures all day long

(BTW, I'm going into Marine Aviation as a Naval Flight Officer.)

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
#1422888 10/28/05 03:41 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
You chair force guys

bwahahaha! that made my day

i love it when i hear the different services talk trash about each other. its so funny. (not in a bad way)

Last edited by svt4stv; 10/28/05 03:42 PM.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1422889 10/28/05 03:57 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by svt4stv:
You chair force guys

bwahahaha! that made my day

i love it when i hear the different services talk trash about each other. its so funny. (not in a bad way)

LMAO - me too!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1422890 10/28/05 04:03 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Unlike the army/navy/Marines.

Fixed for accuracy.

And there can't be any air force movies because no one wants to watch a bunch of guys go through flight procedures all day long

(BTW, I'm going into Marine Aviation as a Naval Flight Officer.)

Even as a Candidate you've already got it. That irritates the ish out of me when they don't capitalize Marine!

Ryan Trollin!
#1422891 10/28/05 04:23 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Yippie im soo proud of the Marine pilots, Let me know when you Get a real Aircraft!!! Hold on while i get Excited for F-18's and A-6's

And by the way I have over 1k sim hours in one of the most advanced flight sims ever...

And when I finish my Degree(1.25 yrs) Ill be a ANG pilot as well.

And i didn't spend too much time in a Chair when i was in but its ok I needed people like you to catch the bullets that where being fired at me while i was working on the B-2A Stealth Bomber!

#1422892 10/28/05 04:30 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yippie im soo proud of the Marine pilots, Let me know when you Get a real Aircraft!!! Hold on while i get Excited for F-18's and A-6's

And by the way I have over 1k sim hours in one of the most advanced flight sims ever...

Marine Corps pilots have a mission that AF pilots can't do for [censored] and can't drop bombs fer chit without their 'smart bombs.' A-6s have been out of service for years. And IMO, the only 'well rounded' aircraft the AF has is the F-15E. Otherwise, the F/A-18 (be it Super Hornet or not) is the most well rounded plane in our inventory currently.

F/A-18, EA-6B (where's the AF EA planes? Or right, they retired them after the Gulf War), and the AV-8 (ok, laugh at that one, I will too, its grounded more than it flies).

For your sim hours...

so what? I have 500+ or so in a sim too.....and?

Now, when an AF pilot and effectively (keyword) do ground support, FACA, and air combat, then I'll be impressed. Otherwise, the majority of AF pilots are [censored] compared to Navy/Marine Corps pilots. End of story.

On another note, if you notice, from my experience with AF pilots their call signs are the 'tough guy' type (i.e. 'Thor,' Killer, etc) Navy/Marine Corps, its the polar opposite.....

Ryan Trollin!
#1422893 10/28/05 04:34 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

And I didn't spend too much time in a Chair when i was in but its ok I needed people like you to catch the bullets that where being fired at me while i was working on the B-2A Stealth Bomber!

Oh ha! The F/A-18 is arguably THE most versatile aircraft in the armed forces right now. Just wait till we get our Osprey's in '07! And let's not forget about the AH-Cobra

And no worries about your qualifications, I'm by no means disrespecting you there, just having some fun with you in the eternal forces rivalry!

And that's fine if you want to consider us the "Bullet Catchers" I'm assuming most Marines out there would be honored to be considered that title, given it's assumption of courage.

On another note, if you notice, from my experience with AF pilots their call signs are the 'tough guy' type (i.e. 'Thor,' Killer, etc) Navy/Marine Corps, its the polar opposite.....

Heh, I'm already hearing horror stories about what's to come for me. Met one NA with the name of Sifob. This was when I thought Navial Aviation got "cool" call signs. I soon found out it was the opposite. Their call sign is dependent on when/how they f*** up the most. Sifob= sh$# for brains

Last edited by PlatoSVT; 10/28/05 04:38 PM.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
#1422894 10/28/05 04:36 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I wouldn't go all crazy over the Osprey....lots of $$$$ no results....as of yet.

Ryan Trollin!
#1422895 10/28/05 04:40 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
The AF doesn't need EF planes,

Im a EW guy trust me i know EW [censored] that would blow your mind.. The B-1 can do everything the EA-6 can do and Drop bombs and go SS.

As for the F-18 I know just givin ya [censored]. For the longest time my Fav Aircraft was the F-14.

Now that honor is held by the B-2 (the technology in the aircraft is mindblowing) and the yF-23 The F-22 is a close third just wish some of the Flight controls/Trust vectoring could be worked out alot sooner before more planes crash

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard