Originally posted by Tella:
Why, when someone talks about cars is it automatically assumed the person is male? I'm not sure what is wrong with saying V4, I'm assuming then that is the wrong term? So sue me. I'm no greasemonkey, and I have never driven a car newer then 20 years old. To me this is a pretty big thing. I'll go off and stop bothering the "pros" now. I guess someone who doesn't know everything about cars isn't very welcome here, and just has to tolerate ridicule form those who can't seem to understand that some people are actually here to get help because they actually need it.

I'll slink off to somewhere else where others are just as stupid and uneduacated as me.

There is a reason why they call it a "v6" or a "v8" primarily because the cylinders are angled so that they make a "V" 3 on each side of the engine. Either way, there was never such an engine as a "v4" an interesting concept... But the only thing I have ever seen out of a 4 cylinders is an inline 4... Which means all of the cylinders are in one straight line. Amaizingly, there are a LOT of people I know who had no idea that there was no such thing as a "v4" There also was such thing as an inline 6 and inline8. they tend to be called "straight 6's" or "straight 8's" But the technology kind of phased out over the years. some of the older GMC Trucks had them... I think my dad's old 95 S-10 had a straight 6 in it.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?