Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Oh. Here we go.

Well, I'm not going to do the line Item Veto thing on your posts.
So here are some answers and take them how you want.

Torque is transmitted to the wheels. There are enough people that have sheared an axle from lesser torque loads than I drive around with every day on low boost. But then you wouldn't know about real torque in your contour yet. Terry doesn't even believe the stock rods can handle 300 HP out of the V6 so he doesn't believe I produce that much either. Suffice it to say that your 3L is strong enough to thrash those diff pins and the spider gears without spinning pressed on gears. Simple fact of torque multiplication. The frictional forces in pressed on gears are quite high. Not even a sensible comparison there.
Every or any transmission that had torn up spiders on ATF...look at Demons old pics. He never grenaded his diff but it wouldn't have been long either. The point isn't that ATF is bad but that it doesn't provide the protection that a better fluid would in those high loads. I don't care about hypoid versus non hypoid. The diff uses straight cut gears and they are made pretty cheaply anyway. Chock another one up to ford engineering I guess.
Whatever, you talk about a failure on redline. You have ONE (read it, ONE) transmission with a failed stock diff. This transmission was recently converted to MTL and it had many miles on the clock. You may as well be spelling out the fact that we won't know what originally caused it...keep it as circumstantial evidence and wait and see if a real pattern of FAILURE occurs.

So, you say I'm not providing data on the "motor oil" comment.
Now you really look foolish. You are trying to target me personally when all I want to do is have you practice some thorough scientific comparisons BEFORE you guys open your mouths. If you come out and said that grapes were purple, you'd have many people agreeing and many more saying not necessarily. Both could be right. THAT is the kind of blanket statement you made about MTL. So I didn't have anything against investigating anything. Yet you are now starting to attack me and the latest is the motor oil comment.

Here's why it is so funny:
It was YOUR Test results from fresh HONEY versus fresh MTL that I forwarded to Redline. Those are the statements made after it was REVIEWED by the Redline Rep. I'd trust that the guy knows what kind of oils go into this stuff so if the percentages looked like motor oil then...he was justified in saying so. THat doesn't make it fact. The guy stated that the test results looked like they were not inconsistent with with Redline MTL. Therefore it lends some credibility to both him and you. It is just quite coincidental that everyone else is now marketing fancy motor oils that can also be used AND that many companies use motor oils in transmissions.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
*We interupt this regularly schedule thread for a picture of an owl*

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
Originally posted by warmonger:
You are trying to target me personally when all I want to do is have you practice some thorough scientific comparisons BEFORE you guys open your mouths. If you come out and said that grapes were purple, you'd have many people agreeing and many more saying not necessarily. Both could be right. THAT is the kind of blanket statement you made about MTL. So I didn't have anything against investigating anything. Yet you are now starting to attack me and the latest is the motor oil comment.

So I guess all you said about the data (which you used for redline because you avoided bothering to get on your own) was not a personal attack at Terry, Pete and I? Whatever! I'm not attacking you. I'm responding to your logic.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
That is a pretty good screw up!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T

Torque is transmitted to the wheels. There are enough people that have sheared an axle from lesser torque loads than I drive around with every day on low boost. But then you wouldn't know about real torque in your contour yet.

Nice. I still don't understand what this has to do with gear lube though.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:

Torque is transmitted to the wheels. There are enough people that have sheared an axle from lesser torque loads than I drive around with every day on low boost. But then you wouldn't know about real torque in your contour yet.

Yeah, that was nice.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

More torque, more chance of breaking something.
I've spent enough of my own money testing various combinations for the engines, engine management, exhaust piping, etc. You only need to look back 5 years to see the contributions I've made. I'm not even going to point out the naysayers and where my money went!
The part that kills me is that you're claiming a high enough torque load will spin a pressed on gear before breaking the spiders. NOT even the issue. It is the freeplay in the gears combined with the shock from the high torque loads that will hurt those spiders. So maybe my statement finally came out abrasive because you are beginning to look like you are targeting me personally. It started with the whole clutch pedal travel statement. Not fundamentally wrong just wrong terminology.
Then the comment in the materials thread about camshafts implying that I wouldn't admit to seeing another point of view.
There are other cases.
Other than maybe the comment up there to you and the one to Mapoftazifosho about not being consistent, I didn't attack you personally. I've questioned your assumptions. That's it.
The very fact that you feel like I'm attacking you versus your assumptions means you are personally attached to your "solution" as to why rawburts transmission failed.
For those of you who can read between the lines, that is significant. It means you will take being wrong about this personally and therefore you may not want to see the writing on the wall or admit it. This needs to be an objective discussion. The minute it is not is when the information has no value.
So at this point I stand unconvined based on the merrits of your evidence. Nothing more nothing less. I want to get it back to the real issue. This wasn't personal for me and I don't want to let you make it become personal.
You made a statement and backed it up with some information. I observe the information has holes in it. I question it. If you demonstrate how your evidence refutes the questions...which you still haven't even addressed...remember the corrosion claims from EPs???....then we can agree that your theory is sound and move on to the next question. The minute your theory fails to pass the test then it is time to get a new theory.
That is how science works, even law works that way.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Todd
The website was updated and should read Synchromax or RP 10w40/ Racing 41. We are giving you an option.

Apparently the person doing the update did not understand and removed Synchromax as the recommended fluid.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

<looks away from computer and resumes pouring>

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
I thought you were putting MT-90 in?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
funk all of you, I'm putting Rotella 15w40 in my trans!

Ryan Trollin!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard