All I have to say is damn I wish I had enough money to buy a second car to play with.

This might help you.

The big questions you need to ask yourself:
1. You really better not have any debt you can pay off first. lol Don't blow money if you're in the hole already.
2. How finacially secure are you? It never hurts to have extra cash. You never know when you'll need it. Also the stang will eat alot more gas then the tour.
3. How much money do you have for parts to add onto the car? Stang performance parts are cheaper, and easier to find. Contour is the oppisite.
okay no more money questions...
4. What is the main purpose of the car? Is it a backup vehicle or a play toy?
5. How bad are winters where you are. Mustang + snow = bad, Contour + snow = better chance then stang. This plays more if it is a backup car.
6. What do you like more in driving, Drag racing and high speeds, or taking tight turns with speeds that almost pop your ass out of the seat? (not saying you can't do it in a stang, but tour does it a little nicer i would think)
7. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE STANGS, not as many mod contours. So if you going for a more unique play toy, the tour is a little more of a shock to people. (how many people can say they have a 3L convert turbo charged tours? a handful)

Hopefully that will help you decide.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood